Home

After the patch, decisions favours strikers over ground game

This is a discussion on After the patch, decisions favours strikers over ground game within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2018, 01:36 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: After the patch, decisions favours strikers over ground game

Quote:
Originally Posted by murkr
Bro if u can’t tell from those stats I shoulda won ur trippin . 10 min in control out of 15 with like 8 throws . I’m not some bad player I know what I’m doin lol I’m not sitting in one position I’m blocking the guy all day he can’t move and I move wherever I want all fight and gnp all day . U can’t win if ur getting controlled idc what u ur personal opinion is . U can’t win when someone is controlling u . Control matters more than sub attempts too. it matters the most out of anything except maybe knockdowns
Neil Magny beat Johny Hendricks giving up 10 minutes of control, it's possible
Old 03-12-2018, 01:37 PM   #58
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I think thats the case in real life though. Judges are going to rank a strike that causes a standing rock or KD higher than someone who gets rocked on the ground and recovers.
This is completely wrong . Michael Johnson rocked khabib pretty sure khabib took every round that fight before the finish . Google it if u want
Old 03-12-2018, 01:40 PM   #59
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
This is completely wrong . Michael Johnson rocked khabib pretty sure khabib took every round that fight before the finish . Google it if u want
Enough is enough.

I dont need to google it....I WAS THERE. I went to the actual ****ing fight. Stop acting like people here dont know anything about MMA.

Also, once again. THAT FIGHT WASNT JUDGED UNDER THE NEW RULES CRITERIA.

I capitalized it so that it would be easier for you to read and maybe comprehend. Still, Khabib had 3 minutes of dominance on the ground and MJ had one rock. As I said earlier, in UFC 3 that would likely be a round for Khabib

Last edited by aholbert32; 03-12-2018 at 01:43 PM.
Old 03-12-2018, 01:40 PM   #60
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget7211
Neil Magny beat Johny Hendricks giving up 10 minutes of control, it's possible
Hendricks just stayed in full guard I’m tellin u I was dominating homeboy on the ground full mount side saddle crucifix side control backside everywhere
Old 03-12-2018, 01:44 PM   #61
Banned

Quote:
Enough is enough.

I dont need to google it....I WAS THERE. I went to the actual ****ing fight. Stop acting like people here dont know anything about MMA.

Also, once again. THAT FIGHT WASNT JUDGED UNDER THE NEW RULES CRITERIA.

I capitalized it so that it would be easier for you to read and maybe comprehend. Still, Khabib had 3 minutes of dominance on the ground and MJ had one rock. As I said earlier, in UFC 3 that would likely be a round for Khabib
No it wouldn’t go look at the decisions I just posted that would no way be for khabib in in ufc 3 . No way lol 3 mins isn’t enough this game . 4 isn’t even enough . The judging is so biased
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2018, 01:48 PM   #62
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
No it wouldn’t go look at the decisions I just posted that would no way be for khabib in in ufc 3 . No way lol 3 mins isn’t enough this game . 4 isn’t even enough . The judging is so biased
As I said, stats arent enough. If you spent 3 minutes landing postured up strikes doing damage or attempting subs and coming close to finishing the fight, you wouldve won that round.

Anyway, I'm done discussing. The judging is what it is.
Old 03-12-2018, 01:53 PM   #63
Banned

Quote:
I think thats the case in real life though. Judges are going to rank a strike that causes a standing rock or KD higher than someone who gets rocked on the ground and recovers.
I dunno if I agree with that.

When someone’s landing viscious GnP I think it counts for just as much.

But that’s something we cant prove either way. I just wish rocks applied to the ground as well. It would make everything that much more dangerous.
Old 03-12-2018, 01:58 PM   #64
EA Sports UFC Developer

Dominance of positions buys you nothing if damage is not equal enough, and it has to be fairly even. All forms of damage count towards this, but you might be overestimating how much damage certain actions cause. Throws cause damage, but one throw can easily be out-done by a couple good strikes for instance.

Damage is split between standup and grappling, and scored differently due to standup strikes having a greater advantage. Although grapple strikes technically cause less damage, they're weighed slightly higher to even things out.

It is true, however, that standup allows for health events and grappling does not, which does give a notable advantage if you're able to cause them. But I don't think that's unreasonable at all. If someone hits you hard enough to stun/wobble/kd you...they hit you pretty freaking hard and that should be accounted for. The fact that you can't do this on the ground is indeed a hole in the game compared to real life, but I also think fighters rarely recover from such things on the ground. Usually it goes to a TKO at that point, whereas standing health events are often recovered from.

As to health events themselves, they are not all scored evenly, or even heavily. Stuns and wobbles count, but not for a whole lot. Knockdowns certainly count for more, but the three levels of KD are all worth different amounts. You can certainly cause enough damage on the ground to out-weigh a couple health events if you put a beating on someone before/after recovering.

Also, 10-8 rounds cannot be accomplished purely on the ground in UFC 3, as they do indeed require health events.

Is there room for improvement in the system? Certainly. Is it pretty decent? I think so.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »