Home

I used to win almost every match now...

This is a discussion on I used to win almost every match now... within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2018, 04:29 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
I used to win almost every match now...

I literally get embarrassed by everyone I fight. It's like if I wait and try to counter my perfect counter doesn't do enough damage to cause a rock then they do a side sway with a lightning fast 4 punch combo. If i attack first i get countered much worse. I used to get come from behind wins when fighting aggressive fighters but now if i get rocked i gas out BAD. I'm gonna keep trying but i feel like i need to relearn the game after this update. anyone else feel the same or have advice?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2018, 04:32 PM   #2
MVP

Thetruth9012's Arena

Re: I used to win almost every match now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeba1000
I literally get embarrassed by everyone I fight. It's like if I wait and try to counter my perfect counter doesn't do enough damage to cause a rock then they do a side sway with a lightning fast 4 punch combo. If i attack first i get countered much worse. I used to get come from behind wins when fighting aggressive fighters but now if i get rocked i gas out BAD. I'm gonna keep trying but i feel like i need to relearn the game after this update. anyone else feel the same or have advice?
This patch defenitely help inside fighting machines.

They constatnly fish for rocks its almost impossible to get a fight without a rock so now you dont have a edge in stamina over them too.

So they can throw 200 strikers per round and if they rock you will have less.......

Bigs can cover to much ground on defense(they are too fast)

Late contest on laups matter too much.

Random blocks doing pumpfakes.

Leaning shots for guys who have catch and shoot badge should be removed.
Old 03-06-2018, 04:36 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chmielu9123
This patch defenitely help inside fighting machines.

They constatnly fish for rocks its almost impossible to get a fight without a rock so now you dont have a edge in stamina over them too.

So they can throw 200 strikers per round and if they rock you will have less.......
Yes, stamina is less worrying as the aggressor, especially with Conor McGregor - who has questionable cardio - so long as you get a rock with Conor, which you are almost guaranteed to off of one counter, you can win easy.
Old 03-06-2018, 04:39 PM   #4
Pro

I've noticed kickers are worthless now. I can't use my two favorite characters, Barboza and Overeem because when throwing kicks your open to getting rocked and now that getting rocked gases you. My stamina is like 25% at the beginning of round three even if i'm winning the rounds but they get a couple rocks.
Old 03-06-2018, 04:45 PM   #5
Rookie

I feel exactly the same. This game now seems catered towards strikers. Pre-update, I would try to play it smart. Keep distance, pick my shots. Evade, evade, evade... and by the later rounds I would have a big stamina advantage and punish people. Now I seem to get rocked more easily and loose stamina in the process, losing that stamina advantage.

I never used to sway a lot, because it seems pretty cheesy, but now I feel I HAVE to sway now to compete.

It feels like a brand new game, and I now have to re-learn the mechanics and change the way I approach fighting. But yeah, last night I was getting rekt!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2018, 04:48 PM   #6
Rookie

the game is much more about skill now. people with good fight IQ and can put combos together will win instead of who can slip n throw a 2 piece
Old 03-06-2018, 04:54 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaranmiller
the game is much more about skill now. people with good fight IQ and can put combos together will win instead of who can slip n throw a 2 piece
How do you find that? I never used to use sways unless they threw the same strike a few times in a row? I can't even start a combo now in ranked , my FIRST strike gets swayed and I'm rocked and then they punch the body for CRAZY stamina drain.
Old 03-06-2018, 04:56 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsnakegti
I feel exactly the same. This game now seems catered towards strikers. Pre-update, I would try to play it smart. Keep distance, pick my shots. Evade, evade, evade... and by the later rounds I would have a big stamina advantage and punish people. Now I seem to get rocked more easily and loose stamina in the process, losing that stamina advantage.

I never used to sway a lot, because it seems pretty cheesy, but now I feel I HAVE to sway now to compete.

It feels like a brand new game, and I now have to re-learn the mechanics and change the way I approach fighting. But yeah, last night I was getting rekt!!
Same here. I've played since the beta and now I wish I just started playing so I wouldn't have the bad habits that used to be what made me good at the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »