Home

Avoiding spam is nearly fruitless

This is a discussion on Avoiding spam is nearly fruitless within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2018, 02:40 PM   #9
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Avoiding spam is nearly fruitless

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFINISHxHIMx
Its not wack. You wont be the same after a couple KDs. Have you ever watched a fight?

You mentioned the problem it's the spam that is wack. No one in this game is playing realistic.
I agree the biggest problem is the spam that's whack.

I had a 3-round fight against Anderson Silva last night (LHW) --- he won on decision ---

He threw 380 total strikes and 170 significant strikes and still had decent amount of stamina. Even when I was working the body, and I avoided and blocked a large % of his strikes.

(He didn't throw strikes out of the lunge so that fix in the patch didn't work in this case)

I mean just the fact he could throw 380 total strikes, 170 of them significant, in just 3 rounds --- and not be dead tired --- just shows that we need 25%+ increase in permanent stamina loss from ALL missed and blocked strikes....
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 03-07-2018, 02:46 PM   #10
Rookie

Side sway uppercuts or hooks + ducking uppercuts are the name of the game right now. And my go to combination which is the hook/uppercut or the uppercut/hook no longer seems to be a viable solution for head movement spammers. A) I start with a hook as they sway and they eat it without issue, as I follow up with my uppercut they are already coming up with an uppercut of their own and I get rocked... like WHAT? And B) I start my 2-piece with an uppercut and if I'm lucky they will duck into it and get rocked (not always a guaranteed rock) but they'll sway my uppercut instead and counter with an uppercut to rock me before I can follow up with a hook... I don't know how the stand up works anymore in this game lol.
Old 03-07-2018, 03:10 PM   #11
Banned

Let me throw out a wild idea. What if for the entire season damaged accumulated on the fighters you used in ranked? Not only would it force players to fight smarter but you'd also reward players who like using all the fighters instead of just running guys like GSP and DJ every time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2018, 03:24 PM   #12
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Monkman
Ive watched thousands of fights and knowhere have i seen someone lose all their energy from getting dropped and become unable to fight.

You really want me to list how many people have come back after getring rocked with no visible stamina impairment? It will be easy.
Have you ever been punched and nearly go out in real life? Trust me when I say that when that happens you'll reconsider why you're doing what you're doing at that particular time.

It's entirely realistic - what people are doing to get you there is not at all.
Old 03-07-2018, 03:34 PM   #13
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Have you ever been punched and nearly go out in real life? Trust me when I say that when that happens you'll reconsider why you're doing what you're doing at that particular time.

It's entirely realistic - what people are doing to get you there is not at all.
So by rights Frankie Edgar should have had no energy left after his fights with Gray Maynard?

Same with the fighter you Idolize like a god, that guy should have never been able to walk in a circle according to this game.
Old 03-07-2018, 03:34 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Right, so i had a feeling this stamina drain from knockdowns could have some bad consequences.

Ill play as Carlos Condit, against a Tyrone Woodley head weave hook spammer.

I dodge and weave for 3 rounds straight. Making him miss over and over again meanwhile mixing in my pot shots hear and there.

So by the end of the third he has about 64% sta and i have in the low 90% still.

He finally manages to rock me near the end of the third due to a head weave uppercut. I survive till the next round.

Round 4 starts and he now has like 80% stamina and i have like 70%.

This idea is wack.

Who thought you should lose that much stamina for getting knocked down?

Honestly guys. Ita wack.
Behold the conor patch

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Old 03-07-2018, 03:36 PM   #15
Pro

can someone explain this?
If someone sways RIGHT into a punch no rock. but if they sway after my punch landed they rock me with any punch they throw
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2018, 03:39 PM   #16
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
So by rights Frankie Edgar should have had no energy left after his fights with Gray Maynard?

Same with the fighter you Idolize like a god, that guy should have never been able to walk in a circle according to this game.
No certain fighters are different certainly. Some recover quicker than others.

The majority do not though and it's why you'll see so many people just suddenly not striking for a round or two. They're hurt or sapped of energy.

Would you rather it be like it was where you literally have to wear yourself out on their block trying to finish them? By the time you do they have a massive stamina advantage because you've been trying to finish forever, and the only way to drain stamina is to hope they throw a lot or hit the body?

That's not realistic at all. I understand you're frustrated but try to come into your next fight with better defense?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »