Home

Leaning strikes

This is a discussion on Leaning strikes within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-08-2018, 05:36 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Leaning strikes

I posted this in a different thread, but I decided to make my own thread for it instead.

Okay, so the patch literally changed the game for me completely in the best way possible. Online is really really fun now. It was fun before but now a lot of fights play more technical, I love that. Offline, well offline it plays like a dream! One thing that I thought was going to be a great change ended up being less realistic imo. The side sway spam has been a big issue with the game online, but offline it was fine. I feel that the issue with side swaying and countering is not necessarily how fast the strike came out, it more has to do on the recovery frames of the block. You would get caught with 2 hooks if you got countered by a sway before and you would get rocked. Now block comes up faster so that's pretty much fixed. I think the sway strikes especially the jabs and straight punches out of sways to both the head and the body, are coming out a little too slow now. The hooks and uppercuts could be a tad bit faster as well.

Irl when someone throws a counter out of a sway it's almost automatic with the sway. Look at conor's left, when he throws it he leans into it. We can't do this anymore with sways. Don't get me wrong I hate spamming especially exploits, but now we have a realistic part of the game that just needed to be tuned maybe slightly on hooks and uppercuts, but the jabs and straights needed to be left alone imo. I guess what I'm asking for is make the strikes out of sways, at least the jabs and straight punches come out how they used to. It looks awkward to duck down or sway and have the punch come out half a second later.

Here I'll show a video, where I duck down and go for a straight to the body and my opponent sways and strikes me with a straight punch and you'll see they're a little too slow. Maybe change it just for offline? Although I'd like it to be online too because I'm having tons of fun online now. What are your guys' thoughts on this? Thank you for reading this, and enjoy the video.

Edit: BTW is it me, or are the knockouts looking better? They feel more ragdoll now, it's awesome. Especially this one.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2018, 06:29 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Leaning strikes

Any thoughts?
Old 03-08-2018, 06:31 PM   #3
Banned

Yayaya quick match is more fun but ranked? The cheese level is on another level in ranked.
Old 03-08-2018, 06:38 PM   #4
Pro

Which is why I stay away from it. Did you read the post? I hate cheese man, but I don't think reducing the speed of sway strikes was necessary, at least to the speed they are now. Especially straight punches. Block just needs to be more responsive when you get countered.
Old 03-08-2018, 08:05 PM   #5
Banned

They should ahve put a stamina tax on them without making em sower ruining the counter aspect of the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2018, 09:25 PM   #6
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

They're still fast enough to counter. You just have to be more precise with them.
Old 03-08-2018, 09:51 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
They're still fast enough to counter. You just have to be more precise with them.
No yeah I noticed this, there's just a tiny bit of delay. I mean I guess I'm fine with it, it's not as bad as I thought actually you just have to do it super quick.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »