Home

Very concerned about AI post patch

This is a discussion on Very concerned about AI post patch within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2018, 11:32 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Very concerned about AI post patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinfarcements
I'd rather the AI be realistic than difficult. Ideally we can get both, but the realism has to come first in a UFC game. Some AI fighters were WAAAAAY to aggressive before, and we already have to deal with that online. The patch was a step in the right direction for the AI.
I completely disagree. If I have to pick one I would rather the AI be competitive, since a non-competitive AI means the game is worthless to me. I had already played more offline UFC3 by the first patch than I played UFC2 the whole time it was out.

A good example is the move from UFC1 to 2. 1 was a parryfest and very unrealisitic, but I couldn’t beat it every time so I had a reason to continue playing. 2 was more realistic, but on the hardest difficulty I could still beat it every match. That made the game broken for me, so I would take 1 over 2, flaws and all.
Old 03-09-2018, 11:34 AM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falseperception
not sure why you don’t just play on the hardest difficulty if you are only 50/50 there ? If the other difficulties are too easy for you that’s why legendary is there ...
I’ve got two concerns. The first is the direction the AI moved with the patch. Another move in that direction and I’ve got a problem. The second is that I could get better at the game and push that win percentage up to the point that I no longer enjoy playing the game.

Sliders will help with that, but like I said earlier it’s not going to be as enjoyable to me to have to outstrike the AI by a big amount of power to do the same damage it does to me. It’ll still be better than 2 was but not as good as 3 was at release.
Old 03-09-2018, 11:54 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 0

One way to beat the AI somewhat consistently, on hard difficulty, if you want to cheese:

1) Get into a clinch.
2) Use a trip or throw.
3) Get to side control.
4) Unload punches. Focus solely on head or body throughout.
5) When AI eventually gets up, use step 2 again.
6) Rinse & repeat till you win.

If you don't want to play the grappling game, be very patient on the feet and use basic punches at range. Wait for body kicks, catch them and unload. Only attack the AI when their stamina is low after they combo out. Another way to victory consistently I've found. Your stamina will stay above theirs too after you've dropped them & made them whiff shots.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2018, 11:56 AM   #12
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by AydinDubstep
One way to beat the AI somewhat consistently, on hard difficulty, if you want to cheese:

1) Get into a clinch.
2) Use a trip or throw.
3) Get to side control.
4) Unload punches. Focus solely on head or body throughout.
5) When AI eventually gets up, use step 2 again.
6) Rinse & repeat till you win.
Yep. Known exploit since UFC 2 and something Skynet is looking into.
Old 03-09-2018, 12:16 PM   #13
MVP

Aholbert, you’re an avid offline player too. Are you seeing what I’m seeing with regard to the drop in AI difficulty?
Old 03-09-2018, 12:18 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Yep. Known exploit since UFC 2 and something Skynet is looking into.
Yeah, one of my house rules is not to abuse this. Sometimes though, if I really like a fighter and am losing badly, I do it
Old 03-09-2018, 12:39 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AydinDubstep
Yeah, one of my house rules is not to abuse this. Sometimes though, if I really like a fighter and am losing badly, I do it
I don’t use the clinch thing because I just don’t use clinch much, but this is my problem with hook spam when using fighters I like. It feels cheap afterward though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2018, 12:44 PM   #16
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

I wonder if it could be about the reduced aggression.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »