Home

Old 03-09-2018, 06:19 PM   #17
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JDS Meta

Quote:
Originally Posted by lahonda
So the game has to go out in alpha stadium or whatever.
This is totally not the case.

We were very, very happy with the state of the game at launch.

These problems were only exposed in the highly competitive environment of online ranked, and even then are only experienced at the top of the division. I'm convinced we would never have been able to find them all ourselves. Maybe with more time we could have found some, but nowhere near to all of them.

Also keep in mind the problems are not affecting anywhere close to a majority of the user base.

A fraction of it if you want to be realistic.

I still want to resolve them, don't get me wrong. But the hyperbole about us releasing a broken game is completely off base.
Old 03-09-2018, 06:41 PM   #18
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
This is totally not the case.

We were very, very happy with the state of the game at launch.

These problems were only exposed in the highly competitive environment of online ranked, and even then are only experienced at the top of the division. I'm convinced we would never have been able to find them all ourselves. Maybe with more time we could have found some, but nowhere near to all of them.

Also keep in mind the problems are not affecting anywhere close to a majority of the user base.

A fraction of it if you want to be realistic.

I still want to resolve them, don't get me wrong. But the hyperbole about us releasing a broken game is completely off base.
I'm not saying it's broken I'm just saying that the decision to make grappling so inept intentionally to appease the lower tier players makes playing at the top one dimensional and extremely frustrating.
Old 03-09-2018, 10:17 PM   #19
Pro

The break from atleast single collar seems very fast, there’s timed I’ll double jab and gab single collar, then instantly break before I can throw a strike. Striking seems ok, but its like everyone has crazy KO power with their counters(duck uppercut/sway hook). Grappling just kills me, it feels impossible to set up takedowns and they take so long to complete, and the fact a single uppercut could ko you clean its a huge risk to even try.

Also, although not specific to this thread... who’s idea was it to make Cruz’s signature strikes tied to forward movement? You cant chase anyone down, you can’t combo anything cept the other jab/straight(and only if you input the strikes quickly together) which means you can’t set anything grappling up while moving forward off a jab or straight. Cant go forward, jab lead hook shoot, cause the jab will be the signature which stops your movement, the hook won’t input, and if they were backing up too far away to clinch or takedown
Old 03-09-2018, 10:44 PM   #20
Banned

Find the Door, I just experienced the transition issue you've been having in the clinch. It was sort of a mix of clinch and ground, and happened on and off throughout the fight. First time it's happened to me. It just wouldn't do the transitions I inputted; sometimes the circle would fill completely with no transition, sometimes it would take 3-4 seconds til the transition registered. Sometimes nothing happened at all. Very weird. I'm probably not gonna be playing ranked til this is fixed.

Frankly, these are game-breaking issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-09-2018, 10:45 PM   #21

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Relaxed Guy
Find the Door, I just experienced the transition issue you've been having in the clinch. It was sort of a mix of clinch and ground, and happened on and off throughout the fight. First time it's happened to me. It just wouldn't do the transitions I inputted; sometimes the circle would fill completely with no transition, sometimes it would take 3-4 seconds til the transition registered. Sometimes nothing happened at all. Very weird. I'm probably not gonna be playing ranked til this is fixed.

Did you try the fix I suggested in this thread?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2018, 11:23 PM   #22
Rookie

The problem is ur playing ranked and playing agents people who have 85-100 stats across the board there’s no trade off in ranked at all to be truthful ut whare the real challenge lays just siting out side the top 100 for ut and find it a lot more challenging than I do ranked play mean if I want 90 speed it ut I need to take my head movement down to the 75 if I want my power to be in the 90 I need to have 70 odd foot work

Take ranked play I can pic some one with 90 speed 90 power 90 footwork no stat trade off no weak point in a fighter apart form the person playing them so when you get up top all it becomes a cancer at least in ut you don’t have that as a fighter will always have a weak point

You want 90 subo and subd you will have 70 odd td and 70 odd tdd i find that being able to run your game plan and not allow someone to explote my fighters weakness makes for a harder challenge that it dose takeing a permade fighter with 85-100 stats across the board and just stoping any one form doing anything harder

Last edited by Kenny324410; 03-09-2018 at 11:29 PM.
Old 03-09-2018, 11:33 PM   #23

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Relaxed Guy

Sorry, got my threads mixed up.

Did you try this solution:

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...5&postcount=20
Old 03-10-2018, 12:44 AM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Sorry, got my threads mixed up.

Did you try this solution: