Home

Three solutions to the sway problem.

This is a discussion on Three solutions to the sway problem. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2018, 08:40 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Three solutions to the sway problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
The head movement/sway itself is a problem. Not just the counter after it.

I used to think that as well until i played more matches(in div 5 btw). Last night i played a guy that literally would not strike until he slipped one of my punches. He's currently top 15 on ps4 ranked leaderboards doing this crap.

He would sway back and forth non-stop just phishing for a slip and when he got one that's when he would throw. If i didn't throw a punch for a few seconds, he would throw a body 1-2 and try to clinch. It was pathetic.

Swaying still will cause the attacker to lose a lot of stamina if he punches are missed. So even with a nerf to the counter punch....the guy can still spam sways and get a stamina advantage. The best option imo is to implement a way to truly punish too much head movement severely so that people are discouraged from spamming it.
I had the same thing happen. Guy just stood there spamming stationary head movement until I threw something. If I didn't we would just stand there, and I'm not doing that.
Old 03-10-2018, 09:02 PM   #10
Rookie

Make it consistent with rocks, and that'll stop it. Literally when a guy is swaying I'm hooking I hit him no rock, but he hooks me after sway bam I'm rocked. Due to the new stamina system with rock, IM LOSING STAMINA for making the right play. That is dumb as hell
Old 03-10-2018, 09:23 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
c) making head movement stamina tax have a high stamina floor so it never drains your temp stamina beyond a certain limit and allows regen when used below that limit.
If you’re below that floor will it still drain extra from perm stam?

Like if you mismanage your temp stam and you still keep swaying. Based on what you’re saying your short term stam will recover to that floor but during this recovery I hope perm stam is still being taxed (at a greater rate no less since your temp stam is low)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2018, 09:25 PM   #12
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
If you’re below that floor will it still drain extra from perm stam?

Like if you mismanage your temp stam and you still keep swaying. Based on what you’re saying your short term stam will recover to that floor but during this recovery I hope perm stam is still being taxed (at a greater rate no less since your temp stam is low)
Yes, same way jabs work right now for example. Just with a higher stamina floor than jabs.
Old 03-10-2018, 09:30 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Yes, same way jabs work right now for example. Just with a higher stamina floor than jabs.
That’s pretty cool.

Is there anyway to have the floor lowered for chaining sways?

Like if one sway has a (random number) 50% foor. Could each sway after that lower the floor?

The amount depending on their actual head movement rating?

Like Derrick Lewis for example. If i just did a singular sway at 40% i could recover to 50%. But if I chained two sways I can only recover to 45%, 3 sways go 40% etc.

But if it’s Cruz/ Silva the floor stays at 50% for chaining.

Also is there any chance footwork is being buffed for high footwork guys?

I can post a video of me using low footwork dudes and the cpu being unable to maintain distance against me while using Stephen Thompson/ Barbosa.
Old 03-10-2018, 09:45 PM   #14
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
That’s pretty cool.

Is there anyway to have the floor lowered for chaining sways?

Like if one sway has a (random number) 50% foor. Could each sway after that lower the floor?

The amount depending on their actual head movement rating?

Like Derrick Lewis for example. If i just did a singular sway at 40% i could recover to 50%. But if I chained two sways I can only recover to 45%, 3 sways go 40% etc.

But if it’s Cruz/ Silva the floor stays at 50% for chaining.

Also is there any chance footwork is being buffed for high footwork guys?

I can post a video of me using low footwork dudes and the cpu being unable to maintain distance against me while using Stephen Thompson/ Barbosa.
Yes, in fact I think chaining sways should have no stamina floor, and holding a sustained lean should not allow any stamina regen.
Old 03-10-2018, 10:07 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Yes, in fact I think chaining sways should have no stamina floor, and holding a sustained lean should not allow any stamina regen.
In Geoff we trust

Any feedback regarding footwork?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2018, 10:40 PM   #16
Pro

Bro you copied my post

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »