Home

Single collar: Opponent recovers head health despite taking repeated head strikes

This is a discussion on Single collar: Opponent recovers head health despite taking repeated head strikes within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2018, 06:51 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Video evidence of over-nerfed pillow punches in single-collar clinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetruth11
Nope the single collar let's you damage throw elbows or uppercuts

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I had the level 2 strike damage increase perk from single collar strikes w/ Circunov and was throwing the fastest strike available. The uppercut can’t be thrown as fast and actually allows more health recovery.

I’m starting to feel like you didn’t watch the video sir...

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-10-2018, 07:01 AM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Nope the single collar let's you damage throw elbows or uppercuts

Listen, if you’re concerned about clinch spammers, I get it.

But adding a slight amount of damage to strikes from this position would be fair (not a ton of damage). Clinch spammers can be avoided by blocking and subsequently transitioning out. And dummies who don’t block would be punished as they should be.

It would be nothing like the MT clinch, but at least there would be some danger associated with the position. Right now it is 100% guaranteed you won’t get rocked in single collar. That’s far from realistic

Old 03-10-2018, 07:43 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
Not at all since both fighters have an equal opportunity.

It's rather odd, you can't even block in side control but those strikes deplete your chin meter like crazy and they can even finish you.

With this it wouldn't even be bad if MT punches broke the clinch either, even tho the dominant fighter can't block.

In general people holding a plum the cannot block in a classic way, but you see fighters like Silva rolling with the punches. So you could do this with the current MT clinch without adding a block animation.

So we can finally have a clinch that is fair for both the dominant and submissive fighter.

I hear you. Clinch striking definitely needs a greater sense of danger.

That said, I think we are better off consolidating ideas and unifying our message on the forum. There doesn’t seem to be much support on here regarding this topic, so we might need to water it down to get backing from game changers.

I think a good start is this (and let me know what you think): add a slight damage increase to strikes in single collar (ideally as powerful as strikes from side control) and in the rare case of health events from this position, incorporate clinch breaks like with MT clinch.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2018, 08:12 AM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceberg3445
Listen, if you’re concerned about clinch spammers, I get it.

But adding a slight amount of damage to strikes from this position would be fair (not a ton of damage). Clinch spammers can be avoided by blocking and subsequently transitioning out. And dummies who don’t block would be punished as they should be.

It would be nothing like the MT clinch, but at least there would be some danger associated with the position. Right now it is 100% guaranteed you won’t get rocked in single collar. That’s far from realistic

What are you talking about when you are single collar every hit drains stamina

Old 03-10-2018, 08:15 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
What are you talking about when you are single collar every hit drains stamina

Head shots in single collar don’t drain stamina. Head damage is minimal (even with the clinch strike perk) and head health recovery cancels out any damage.

Single collar strikes drain stamina from the person throwing the strikes. Is that what you mean?

Old 03-10-2018, 08:17 AM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Head shots in single collar don’t drain stamina. Head damage is minimal (even with the clinch strike perk) and head health recovery cancels out any damage.

Single collar strikes drain stamina from the person throwing the strikes. Is that what you mean?

Have you every fought khabib his clinch will literally drain your stamina which is how it works in real life

Old 03-10-2018, 08:20 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Have you every fought khabib his clinch will literally drain your stamina which is how it works in real life

I believe that is because of a specific grappling perk had by Khabib in the game. Most players don’t have this.

If the game was like real life, strikes from single collar would inflict more damage and the position would be associated with more danger. AND there would be a stamina drain.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2018, 08:24 AM   #16
Banned

Quote:
I believe that is because of a specific grappling perk had by Khabib in the game. Most players don’t have this.

If the game was like real life, strikes from single collar would inflict more damage and the position would be associated with more danger. AND there would be a stamina drain.

Sounds like a stat issue
Point is the single collar is a neutral position and nobody is in danger of being ko'd from single collar
When people get the position it's used to set up a td or maneuver to more advantageous positions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »