Home

Single collar: Opponent recovers head health despite taking repeated head strikes

This is a discussion on Single collar: Opponent recovers head health despite taking repeated head strikes within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2018, 09:34 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Single collar: Rocked opponent recovers head health while being punched/elbowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetruth11
1 fight out of 1000
I guess we should have freak accidents happen, Also let's add cut stoppages, Also let's have fighters come in injured, Also let's add dq's.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I don’t think you are hearing what we are saying. I think I understand your points against the original post, that the clinch should not be OP (and I agree with this), but your arguments supporting those points are unclear and seem to be based in negative emotions associated with the clinch. Don’t take the debate personally. This isn’t us versus you. We all want a better game.

What is being asked from this thread is 100% rational.

Myself and others believe that strikes from single collar should cause enough damage to overcome head health recovery. In this scenario, health events would only occur after many unblocked head strikes in single collar. 99% of players could avoid this by simply blocking.

Right now, a player can recover head health in single collar while taking non-stop strikes to the head. Do you think this is a reasonable gameplay design? If so, please be clear in your response

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by iceberg3445; 03-10-2018 at 09:37 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2018, 09:40 AM   #26
Banned

Re: Single collar: Rocked opponent recovers head health while being punched/elbowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceberg3445
I don’t think you are hearing what we are saying. I think I understand your points against the OP, but your arguments supporting those points are unclear and seem to be based in negative emotions associated with the clinch. Don’t take the debate personally. This isn’t us versus you. We all want a better game.

What is being asked from this thread is 100% rational.

Myself and others believe that strikes from single collar should cause enough damage to overcome head health recovery. In this scenario, health events would only occur after many unblocked head strikes in single collar. 99% of players could avoid this by simply blocking.

Right now, a player can recover head health in single collar while taking non-stop strikes to the head. Do you think this is a reasonable gameplay design? If so, please be clear in your response

It has zero to do with emotion the point is it's unrealistic to be hurting people in single collar
The whip is there for a reason
There's a option to attack the body use it.
People clinch in real life to recover
Gsp vs bisping
Sonnen vs bisping are prime examples

Old 03-10-2018, 09:48 AM   #27
Rookie

Re: Single collar: Rocked opponent recovers head health while being punched/elbowed

Quote:
It has zero to do with emotion the point is it's unrealistic to be hurting people in single collar
The whip is there for a reason
There's a option to attack the body use it.
People clinch in real life to recover
Gsp vs bisping
Sonnen vs bisping are prime examples

Sure, the single collar clinch is used to recover when strikes are not being thrown, or strikes are being blocked.

If you are in the single collar clinch and take repeated/unblocked shots to the face, your head health will be reduced; not the opposite.
Do you agree with this?

Old 03-10-2018, 10:00 AM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceberg3445
Sure, the single collar clinch is used to recover when strikes are not being thrown, or strikes are being blocked.

If you are in the single collar clinch and take repeated/unblocked shots to the face, your head health will be reduced; not the opposite.
Do you agree with this?

Of course but people want extra damage and complaint the clinch is hard to obtain
But looking at all the grapplers in the top 100 says different also I just made of vid of me interrupting strike with clinch
Only problem with clinch is the 1 strike rocks in mt
The hang where nobody can move
The fact theres no way to punish denys

Old 03-10-2018, 10:11 AM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Of course but people want extra damage and complaint the clinch is hard to obtain
But looking at all the grapplers in the top 100 says different also I just made of vid of me interrupting strike with clinch
Only problem with clinch is the 1 strike rocks in mt
The hang where nobody can move
The fact theres no way to punish denys

I agree. MT is slightly OP at the moment, but that doesn’t mean that single collar isnt currently underpowered.

I’m in practice mode right now with an inert AI. I’ve been in single collar throwing non-stop head strikes for five minutes and the main thing depleting is my stamina.

Currently in the game, players need to throw 100+ strikes an waste more than 25% of their stamina to do any major damage from single collar. That is a prime example of something being overly nerfed.

My proposed solution: A barrage of unblocked head strikes from single collar should certainly cause a health event, and this would be balanced by the current in-game ability to block/transition. (and by barrage I mean 10+ unblocked/unaswered strikes). Also to go one step further, if health events do occur in single collar, add auto clinch break to prevent abuse of this tactic for knockouts. Even more, add slight damage increase after clinch denials to balance further.

What do you think of this proposed gameplay adjustment? Can we agree on this?

Old 03-10-2018, 10:51 AM   #30
Banned

Re: Video evidence of over-nerfed pillow punches in single-collar clinch

Quote:
1 fight out of 1000
I guess we should have freak accidents happen, Also let's add cut stoppages, Also let's have fighters come in injured, Also let's add dq's.

LOL@trying to call Couture's dominate clinch work a freak accident. Of all the unrealistic cartwheel cage jumping crap that's litterally never happened this is the thing you have a problem with? Attitudes like this is why we have a street fighter brawling game and not a MMA simulation.
Old 03-10-2018, 11:00 AM   #31
MVP

Re: Single collar: Opponent recovers head health despite taking repeated head strikes

They need to fix first...

single collar entry spam fest

Clinch breaks

Than we can go to single collar power... single collar is the most spamming thing after the sway spam
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2018, 11:38 AM   #32
Rookie

Re: Single collar: Opponent recovers head health despite taking repeated head strikes

I've been hoping for many years that the clinch gets some love. I was posting since before EA UFC came out on the EA forums about it but it's not really been touched in 4 years. UD3 had a great mechanic with their leverage/ momentum system.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »