Home

Stamina drain when rocked. Is it really "realistic"??

This is a discussion on Stamina drain when rocked. Is it really "realistic"?? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2018, 01:01 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Stamina drain when rocked. Is it really "realistic"??

How many times have we seen this in fights:

Fighter A stuns Fighter B

Fighter A continues to tee off on Fighter B

Fighter B in deep trouble, on wobbly legs, getting tagged, covering up, face is banged up, makes it to the next round

Fighter A expended a lot of energy in the previous round trying to go for the finish and is exhausted, Fighter B still trying shake the cobwebs but still has great cardio going into the next round.

For example McGregor vs. Diaz 1 and 2. McGregor did HEAVY damage to Diaz in both fights and gassed but Diaz was able to rally back with his cardio.

So is this new patch for stamina tax on rocks and stuns REALLY realistic? Stuns and rocks happen way too often, in the game, imo leaving several matchups looking like Kimbo vs. Dada. There's more tax on stamina during stuns than there is for missed strikes and body strikes. Not really enjoying this new patch, feels slower imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2018, 01:05 AM   #2
Banned

Re: Stamina drain when rocked. Is it really "realistic"??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamofwheat
How many times have we seen this in fights:

Fighter A stuns Fighter B

Fighter A continues to tee off on Fighter B

Fighter B in deep trouble, on wobbly legs, getting tagged, covering up, face is banged up, makes it to the next round

Fighter A expended a lot of energy in the previous round trying to go for the finish and is exhausted, Fighter B still trying shake the cobwebs but still has great cardio going into the next round.

For example McGregor vs. Diaz 1 and 2. McGregor did HEAVY damage to Diaz in both fights and gassed but Diaz was able to rally back with his cardio.

So is this new patch for stamina tax on rocks and stuns REALLY realistic? Stuns and rocks happen way too often, in the game, imo leaving several matchups looking like Kimbo vs. Dada. There's more tax on stamina during stuns than there is for missed strikes and body strikes. Not really enjoying this new patch, feels slower imo.
THe advantage of rocking th opponent was not enough often happened that you rocked your opponent 3 times then he would KO you in one punch making the game unfair
Old 03-10-2018, 01:12 AM   #3
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Nope, is not. Not like the game anyways. Every time I've been "rocked" once I got my bearings back my stamina wasn't effected in the least.
Old 03-10-2018, 01:15 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlEx3KillA
THe advantage of rocking th opponent was not enough often happened that you rocked your opponent 3 times then he would KO you in one punch making the game unfair
Yeah but I don't think a major stamina tax patch was the right way to go about it. I've had three round fights legit end where both my opponent and I are just throwing single punches and then gassing with just a sliver of stamina left, not very fun. And no, I'm not an overly aggressive player. If they want to balance it out then they should tune the rocks and stuns down.
Old 03-10-2018, 01:16 AM   #5
Rookie

it's realistic in the fact that when a fighter gets knocked down with a big shot, their heart rate sky rockets and the body is briefly sent into panic mode causing a stamina decrease. Nate did pull through with his triathlete cardio, but he has looked MUCH more alive with stamina in the 4th and 5th rounds of the Benson Henderson fight. He was still throwing Benson the finger. Meanwhile in round 5 of the McGregor fight, He was hunched over, depleted, but impressively still pressing forward

Sent from my LGMP450 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2018, 01:16 AM   #6
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

I said this wasn't realistic and i got told to be quiet.
Old 03-10-2018, 01:24 AM   #7
Pro

Absolutely is realistic. It simulates the fact that fighters are not the same after getting rocked. They can recover eventually but are undoubtedly not the same as the beginning of the fight.

If you make it to the next round, you recover stamina in-between rounds. If you are a fighter like Diaz, in your example, you will recover a large amount of stamina in-between rounds due to his high stamina ratings. This simulates the recovery process you mention.

Overall its a good addition that simulates rocks more accurately than before. On that note, I do think body shots need to do a little more long-term stamina damage, now that they are riskier to throw.
Old 03-10-2018, 01:27 AM   #8
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinfarcements
Absolutely is realistic. It simulates the fact that fighters are not the same after getting rocked. They can recover eventually but are undoubtedly not the same as the beginning of the fight.

If you make it to the next round, you recover stamina in-between rounds. If you are a fighter like Diaz, in your example, you will recover a large amount of stamina in-between rounds due to his high stamina ratings. This simulates the recovery process you mention.

Overall its a good addition that simulates rocks more accurately than before. On that note, I do think body shots need to do a little more long-term stamina damage, now that they are riskier to throw.
Just curious, but have you been "rocked"?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »