Home

Is this grappling system the best for MMA?

This is a discussion on Is this grappling system the best for MMA? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2018, 08:34 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Is this grappling system the best for MMA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Monkman
Biggest problem i have heard about the ground gaming besides having to fiill up a bar is that most transitions and sub attempts all look exactly the same. The pattern recognition is so tiny its annoying.
I dont mind the bar filler on the ground but i do mind it in the clinch. The clinch is sooooo horrible in this game. I hope they can make a big change in a patch possibly more movement, a combination of undisputed wth the bar fillers.
Old 03-10-2018, 12:38 PM   #10
Rookie

I think a lot of people have a problem with the disconnect that comes with filling up bars. In UD3 your fighter would start the transition when you hold the stick to the corresponding direction, then finish it as you complete the quarter circle movement. This gave people a sense of control and feeling.on the other hand flicking the stick in a direction while you AND your fighter wait for a bar to fill up creates that disconnect

Sent from my LGMP450 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-10-2018, 12:48 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gion
I think a lot of people have a problem with the disconnect that comes with filling up bars. In UD3 your fighter would start the transition when you hold the stick to the corresponding direction, then finish it as you complete the quarter circle movement. This gave people a sense of control and feeling.on the other hand flicking the stick in a direction while you AND your fighter wait for a bar to fill up creates that disconnect

Sent from my LGMP450 using Operation Sports mobile app
And the animations from. The bottom were great. If you were playing an open guard you could hold on the stick to close it if they tried to move. It just felt so realistic
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2018, 12:52 PM   #12
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

Yeah, most people i would play UFC2 with would flick it, and get confused, it took them a while to get the hang of holding the stick while the bar filled up (counter intuative when you're getting punched in the face in full guard). I could hear them mash buttons, flicking the joystick.

"you gotta wait til the meter fills up."

"oh, ok!"

10 seconds and a TD later

*more flicking*

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »