Home

*Sigh* The Knockouts

This is a discussion on *Sigh* The Knockouts within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2018, 05:08 PM   #9
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: *Sigh* The Knockouts

Last time i try to quote The big Lebowski...

I don't think it's as simple as EA Sports has 100 points and they wasted 20 on animation that you wanted them to use on gameplay. these are designeres with different jobs. I'm sure you don't get better gameplay if you shave down the amount of new fighters they add to the game.
Old 03-10-2018, 05:09 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
Definitely both.... but look how many likes a thread gets about ref interactions in comparison to threads about gameplay. A thread asking for more ref interactions has over ten likes right now. Where as threads that talk about real issues with the gameplay aren't getting as many people pushing for them rn. Is what it is. I can't change it. People like what they like. I just find it disappointing. I just don't get why an animation that happens when the match is over is even close to as important as what goes on in the match itself.
Because it punctuates the fun of the gameplay itself, and it is a step back from what we had in UFC 2 (even with the occasional wonkiness).

It was also one of the core features of UFC 2, as per the official website.
Knockout Physics System

A revolutionary new physics-driven hit reaction and knockout system delivers more visceral, more rewarding, and more authentic KOs than ever before. Every knockout is now unique, and finishing the fight has never been more satisfying
Old 03-10-2018, 05:11 PM   #11
Banned

Back to topic I especially hate the animation where my opponent goes on one knee after getting Knocked out cold. It's like he is saying "Oh I got knocked out cold. I will land on my knee first, that will decrease the fall damage to my head."

I hate it. Take it out. It makes me mad. Lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2018, 05:12 PM   #12
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGowan

I don't think it's as simple as EA Sports has 100 points and they wasted 20 on animation that you wanted them to use on gameplay. these are designeres with different jobs. I'm sure you don't get better gameplay if you shave down the amount of new fighters they add to the game.
Yeah, you might very well be right.

Thanks for making me feel like a dick btw haha. When you give your opinion and people tell you it's only your opinion (especially after already stating that) it can be annoying lol.
Old 03-10-2018, 05:12 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGowan

The Big Lebowski quote is man, not dude, that was your mistake mate, solid reference though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVCtkzIXYzQ

Last edited by Nugget7211; 03-10-2018 at 05:16 PM.
Old 03-10-2018, 05:23 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFINISHxHIMx
I know we have bigger issues to solve... but man ish is getting repetitive AF. People landing on the same position after hooks and uppercuts and headkicks like it's all planned. Nothing is really unique about it. Sometimes... yeah sometimes there is some nice rag doll effect that gives me a wow effect but overall it's actually pretty rare to get a realistic unique animation. Take the animated ones out and make the rag doll more frequent...

Can I get an Amen?
Amen! I really miss the uniqueness of each KO from UFC 2. Even with the improvements that can be made to the striking, the standup in UFC 3 is amazing! But I feel enough people are giving feedback on that, and not enough are talking about the KO's themselves. After a technical standup match, its sooo much more rewarding having a unique KO to cap it off!

Can we bring back the KO physics from UFC 2, at least for the walk-off knockouts?

I wanna see these kinds of KO's again (ragdoll kicks in right away and opponent just drops)

Old 03-10-2018, 06:02 PM   #15
Pro

I feel like something was tweaked with the knockouts, at least for me I've been getting more ragdoll knockouts. Sure the animation still plays out, but to me they're starting to look better. Are they perfect? Nope. Just like a lot of you I think that UFC 2 was miles better with the ragdoll KO's, all it needed was proper weight to them. I'm still confident the devs will do some tweaking in a future patch to them. Kind of tired of the animations too, I only save my clips that have a ragdoll KO lol.

Edit: Knockouts should be full ragdoll with proper weight to them.

Severe knockdowns should be animated with ragdoll effects mixed.

Alert knockdowns should be mostly if not, only animated.

Last edited by Stealthhh; 03-10-2018 at 06:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2018, 06:16 PM   #16
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

I believe the reason they removed the ragdoll effects, are because there are way more strikes from many different angles, that require each strike to have different physics powers and it was gonna take a lot of time to tweak each situation with each strike animation and if they didn't tweak, they would look obnoxiously goofy...

But at the same time, the way the new striking works with the pre-determined, non-physics based, heat seeking strikes, that get glued on the opponent and hit them on the exact same spot every time, i thought that would make it easier to tweak such a system.

Also with the pre-determined strikes/KOs i thought they were gonna focus on finally fixxing those terrible looking/feeling Ground & Pound animations and instead give us some nice looking pre-made Ground & Pound animations, but they only seem to have gotten worse... Despite being already terrible in EA UFC 2.

But that's my assumption. I'd really like to hear the reason on why the EA UFC 2 physics effects got completely removed by one of the devs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »