Home

This would improve the wrestling system

This is a discussion on This would improve the wrestling system within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2018, 03:17 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: This would improve the wrestling system

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRizzzle
Slightly off topic but I didn't want to create a brand new thread and clutter up the board.

I always end up in sprawl when I defend takedowns. Does this mean I'm not timing it quickly enough? Or is there a different way to defend that does the shrug off defense I've seen in videos (like the latest Geoff breakdown)?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

You will shrug off the opponent when you defend takedowns very early. Sprawls occur when defending in the middle of the takedown defense window.

IMO, very early takedown defense should result in the sprawl and takedowns defended in the middle of the window should result in the over-under clinch, but what can you do...

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2018, 03:58 PM   #42
Banned

This is the problem with the MMA community (sport and game). No one gives a **** about grappling or wrestling.

This is why Ben Askren, one of the better welterweights of our time, is sitting in a library reading books about the wild flowers of Southeast Asia, eating a slightly stale blueberry muffin.

Old 03-16-2018, 04:05 PM   #43
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Relaxed Guy
This is the problem with the MMA community (sport and game). No one gives a **** about grappling or wrestling.

This is why Ben Askren, one of the better welterweights of our time, is sitting in a library reading books about the wild flowers of Southeast Asia, eating a slightly stale blueberry muffin.

That sums it up pretty much perfectly.

We'll never get to see him fight GSP, and that is a tragedy.
Old 03-16-2018, 04:40 PM   #44
Banned

Quote:

Keep fighting the good fight.

I think people would be into it a lot more if the grappling was more fluid.

I dream of a MMA game that allows us to play each sport separately because there’s so much depth at every level
Old 03-16-2018, 05:31 PM   #45
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207

I dream of a MMA game that allows us to play each sport separately because there’s so much depth at every level
imagine how cool it would be with a metamoris mode or a zuffa boxing mode? we need PRIDE style of course as well
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2018, 06:44 PM   #46
Rookie

This would improve the wrestling system

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207

The solution isn’t hard to achieve (at least not compared to other accomplishments from gamedevs): Fluidly bridge the gap between striking and grappling.

Once they fix that bridge, then they can build on and add depth to the overall grappling system.

Starting small - I.e. double/single legs from clinch against the cage - is a start. Should also add more takedown to over-under clinch animations.

Last edited by iceberg3445; 03-16-2018 at 07:07 PM.
Old 03-16-2018, 07:33 PM   #47
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceberg3445
The solution isn’t hard to achieve (at least not compared to other accomplishments from gamedevs): Fluidly bridge the gap between striking and grappling.

Once they fix that bridge, then they can build on and add depth to the overall grappling system.

Starting small - I.e. double/single legs from clinch against the cage - is a start. Should also add more takedown to over-under clinch animations.

That was my goal here: simplicity. I already knew they're not gonna redo the wrestling.

One thing I've noticed is that EA seems to do what the customers want. Which is good. We as wrestling fans need to get our **** together and be on the same page with our requests for the next game. All of us shouting different unrelated ideas isn't gonna help anything. We're obviously stuck with a kickboxing game this year, but for the next game, we gotta be loud and annoying as hell. I may change my name to the annoying guy. We can't just sit back and expect a good wrestling system. We gotta be more vocal.

Old 03-16-2018, 07:37 PM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
That was my goal here: simplicity. I already knew they're not gonna redo the wrestling.

One thing I've noticed is that EA seems to do what the customers want. Which is good. We as wrestling fans need to get our **** together and be on the same page with our requests for the next game. All of us shouting different unrelated ideas isn't gonna help anything. We're obviously stuck with a kickboxing game this year, but for the next game, we gotta be loud and annoying as hell. I may change my name to the annoying guy. We can't just sit back and expect a good wrestling system. We gotta be more vocal.

I think we could hope for your proposal in the OP to get patched in. MAYBE even another fix, perhaps a new clinch entry or a fix to the overall clinch, but that’s unlikely.

Myself, and others are really hoping that wrestling is incorporated in the next game. That’s what’s missing from this game right now; the bridge between striking and grappling.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »