Home

Clinch escape

This is a discussion on Clinch escape within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-11-2018, 05:55 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Clinch escape

Why is it every time I escape the clinch I lose a big chunk of temp and permanent stamina? Yet my damn opponent loses next to nothing constantly spamming for clinch?

Fix the damn game already.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2018, 09:39 PM   #2
Pro

mannyonelover's Arena

Re: Clinch escape

I think strikes shouldn’t interrupt transitions out of clinch just slow them down, so eventually you’ll get out just with damage done, it’s just not realistic, and unbalanced.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-12-2018, 08:48 AM   #3
Rookie

I noticed this before and assumed it was because I was using a fighter with increased stamina in the clinch. I assumed that my stamina actually went up from being in the clinch, not down from breaking the clinch. I didn't investigate though so I could be wrong.
Old 03-12-2018, 09:59 AM   #4
Banned

Its beyond stupid. Just like sweeping a guy and getting top position on the ground. You get up and lose stamina and your opponent doesn't.

Even the things they got right in ufc 2 they broke in this one. And they obviously don't play their own game much if they can't see how bad some of the things are, like the sluggish controls. And after the patch even Lightweights move in slow motion.

At this rate, its going to take like 5 more updates to possibly make this game decent.
Old 03-12-2018, 10:13 AM   #5
MVP

Its not that you are losing a big chunk, you have two types of stamina, one is striking and one is grappling. So when you disengage grappling you go back to your striking stamina which is lower
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2018, 10:23 AM   #6
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
Its not that you are losing a big chunk, you have two types of stamina, one is striking and one is grappling. So when you disengage grappling you go back to your striking stamina which is lower
This.

The fact that stamina is split up this way is beyond bad but this is the reason why it appears that way.
Old 03-12-2018, 10:40 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
I've noticed that. It makes no sense, along with other things like losing your stamina while getting up from a dominant position. So many things need attention here that idk if everything will be addressed.

They also avoid answering the question about whether they can ungroup some of the stats like Striking Power and Striking Speed. The heart stat don't mean anything either. About 7 or 8 times out of 10 Mark Hunt can't survive the first FTF event and that guy has a granite chin lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »