Home

Make it possible to counter off blocks

This is a discussion on Make it possible to counter off blocks within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2018, 07:02 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Make it possible to counter off blocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieRommel
At the very least, this would be welcome after blocking a slip strike.
THIS, one of the best solution to the sway meta problem imo

Old 03-12-2018, 10:35 AM   #10
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieRommel
At the very least, this would be welcome after blocking a slip strike.
I brought this up to GPD in the discord already, and he said increasing the recovery frames after a blocked slipped strike will cause a problem with combos thrown after a slip.

They already slowed down the combo speed of the 2nd punch after the 1st one is blocked...and he doesn't wanna make combos after a slip useless. Which i understand.

I just wish we could punish these guys better who throw careless slip strikes. It was easier to do pre-patch because most people would throw 2 strikes after a slip, and you could catch them on their 2nd strike because of the recovery/vulnerability frames. But now everyone just sways and throws one punch and is able to put their block up or move back right away so we can't punish effectively anymore.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 03-12-2018, 11:07 AM   #11
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

There are definitely certain situations where the Block is engaged much too quickly/unrealistically after a missed strike or combo.

You have them dead to rights --- and literally by the laws of physics it'd be impossible for them to block the strike coming at them, their hands are so low and the strike is so close to hitting them for example ---

But they still get the block up in time (or worse, catch your body kick!!)
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2018, 11:35 AM   #12
Rookie

Agreed this is much needed. Nate Diaz has made a career off of block countering, spamming wave dashing slipping strikes (which is the actual problem) would be easy to block counter and mute that type of aggression.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-12-2018, 12:26 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
I brought this up to GPD in the discord already, and he said increasing the recovery frames after a blocked slipped strike will cause a problem with combos thrown after a slip.

They already slowed down the combo speed of the 2nd punch after the 1st one is blocked...and he doesn't wanna make combos after a slip useless. Which i understand.

I just wish we could punish these guys better who throw careless slip strikes. It was easier to do pre-patch because most people would throw 2 strikes after a slip, and you could catch them on their 2nd strike because of the recovery/vulnerability frames. But now everyone just sways and throws one punch and is able to put their block up or move back right away so we can't punish effectively anymore.

But he removed or nerfed combos off slips already lol
Old 03-12-2018, 01:21 PM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlEx3KillA
Would be really good if we could have a small frame window to throw a counter after we blocked a combination or strike just like in RL.
I am a boxer i can give some examples:
After blocking a right hook:Throw a right uppercut or right hook
after blocking a single left jab:Throw a lead hook or lead jab

All this with a bit of extra vulnerability damage if the opponent dont blocks
I belive this will fix all problems with high block spam and infighting giving us a proactive defense just like in real boxing or mma

This style of boxing returns is great for opponents with poor defensive fundamentals and too be honest that's a lot. Orthodox - If I throw my jab responsibly, my right hand should be home for your return jab already. Try countering same side, return jabs with straights and straights with jabs as most fighters have a harder time getting their punches back.

Old 03-12-2018, 01:24 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKEZERO
This style of boxing returns is great for opponents with poor defensive fundamentals and too be honest that's a lot. Orthodox - If I throw my jab responsibly, my right hand should be home for your return jab already. Try countering same side, return jabs with straights and straights with jabs as most fighters have a harder time getting their punches back.

Its harder than you think buddy,all boxing greatest got caught with theyr hands down,this is the way teached in the best gyms becouse while you block you turn your body with the shot making your own hands ready to fire.If you dont turn your body while blocking you will get stunned and bullied by the opponent

Last edited by AlEx3KillA; 03-12-2018 at 01:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2018, 01:31 PM   #16
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

I prefer to make the first couple miss, then block the third/fourth strike

In that, after making them miss the first two, and blocking the third, I really would loveee to have a counter opportunity before that fourth strike gets through.

Of course, stamina should play into it, as well as fighter stats, as well as my own ability ----

and to some degree this is already possible in-game

but yea I also feel that when people are throwing 130+ strikes per round, it's very difficult to get counters in, even if you avoid & block a majority. They just re-load and let 'em rip again
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »