Home

Should Strikes Cost More Stamina

This is a discussion on Should Strikes Cost More Stamina within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Should Strikes Cost More Perm-Stamina?
Yes --- All Strikes Should Cost More Stamina 15 29.41%
Yes --- Only Missed/Blocked Strikes Should Cost More Stamina 22 43.14%
No --- Keep It The Same 10 19.61%
No --- Strikes Should Cost Less Stamina 4 7.84%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-12-2018, 12:04 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Should Strikes Cost More Stamina

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Keep in mind that an increased stamina tax on blocked strikes in a buff to block.
Lower block strength. Or at least make it regenerate a little slower.
Old 03-12-2018, 12:27 PM   #10
Pro

Ferguson, Holloway, TJ, DJ, prime Nick Diaz... fighters that have all weaponized pace with output. I expect the output to be high in game. If you tax stamina on strikes anymore, then that also effects Eddie Alvarez all the way down to Nik Lentz. Anything more than 3 rounds with lower tier fighters is laughable and this would make it worse. Please, no more stamina taxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-12-2018, 12:37 PM   #11
Pro

Should Strikes Cost More Stamina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Lower block strength. Or at least make it regenerate a little slower.

The jab which costs basically nothing already reinforces their block plenty. Then with the double jab meta, breaks are easy.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2018, 12:39 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKEZERO
Ferguson, Holloway, TJ, DJ, prime Nick Diaz... fighters that have all weaponized pace with output. I expect the output to be high in game. If you tax stamina on strikes anymore, then that also effects Eddie Alvarez all the way down to Nik Lentz. Anything more than 3 rounds with lower tier fighters is laughable and this would make it worse. Please, no more stamina taxes.

Or it’ll force scrubs to actually manage their output
Old 03-12-2018, 01:26 PM   #13
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHazCode
I want my vote back. I voted for all strikes to have higher stamina penalty, but what I intended (keeping in mind it's a buff to block), is that missed and blocked strikes have a higher stamina penalty.

Also feel like block break down, and long term block will have to be decreased as part of this initiative.
lol ok we'll give you the vote back

As of now (including iHaz changed vote) ---

4 All Strikes Cost More

8 Missed/Block Strikes Cost More

1 Keep Same

1 Reduce Stam Cost (Troll!!! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
Use the lunge to make them miss and drain stamina. It's as effective as head movement when it comes to evades.

Definitely will start using that to my advantage more.

I often stay out of their range in the first place (or make them think I'm coming inside, but stay outside) ---- but maybe I should actually go into range then jump out of range on purpose, for stamina purposes

idk I still think that a total whiff is a total whiff --- whether your opponent ducked your Haymaker, or you totally whiffed it b/c he stepped outside, or he was never in range in the first place --- should be a real big stamina loss all around

Speaking of which there is definitely a hugeeeee stamina tax for missing someone's head when they duck via throwing body punch. I think it's a bit TOO much but I love the concept and love making that happen to people. That's a bit more like it, but I want that type of concept applied to all types of strikes that don't land.

As for strikes that do land --- I wouldn't mind a bigger stamina tax, but it's OK where it is now.

Sometimes though I feel that strikes still have massive power even if opponent's short term stamina is quite low
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 03-12-2018, 03:23 PM   #14
Banned

Missed strikes should cost more than landed ones but ovr hitting combo after combo should have a bigger tax on it imo.
Old 03-13-2018, 02:59 PM   #15
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

As of now, about 79% of respondents want strikes to cost more stamina!

That's more than a Super Majority right? Any political science majors out there? lol

GPD I think the general consensus is we want strikes (especially missed/blocked) to cost more stamina, but concurrently we want block strength to be pared back a bit.

Personally I think the two biggest issues with block are:

A) Insta-Regen --- I often throw a 3 strike combo, take a breath, and throw a 3 or 4 strike combo. Unfortunately....my experience is that between the two combos, my opponent's block power insta-regens from like 20% to 80%+ --- so my follow-up is rendered almost useless.

Perhaps 'block power regen' can take 2x longer? That'd help!

B) I still think some well-constructed power shot combos don't do enough damage to block power. I've tried many variations of straights, uppercuts, and hooks, from varying distances/etc. ---- I really think jab/straight are overpowered (or maybe, where they should be!) ---- and hooks (and especially uppercuts) could use a boost in block-breaking

Especially when mixed-up well

Geez I thought I'd get 60% people wanting more of a stamina tax but about 80% --- glad I'm not the only one
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2018, 03:07 PM   #16
Banned

Definitely the block is too strong and it goes back to full after a couple seconds. In UFC 2 there was an arm health bar that recovered but never back to full.

You guys took a lot of good stuff of ufc 2 out and didnt use it in ufc 3 unfortunately.

I honestly think (I'm a parry h8ter) but I honestly think some kind of parry would help here and there with the spam. But that's a different topic I guess.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »