Home

Should Strikes Cost More Stamina

This is a discussion on Should Strikes Cost More Stamina within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Should Strikes Cost More Perm-Stamina?
Yes --- All Strikes Should Cost More Stamina 15 29.41%
Yes --- Only Missed/Blocked Strikes Should Cost More Stamina 22 43.14%
No --- Keep It The Same 10 19.61%
No --- Strikes Should Cost Less Stamina 4 7.84%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-13-2018, 03:21 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Should Strikes Cost More Stamina

I think, they won't be increased stamina cost to strikes because I have checked GPD's twitter there is a lot of complaints about stamina issue from casual guys.
Old 03-13-2018, 03:30 PM   #18
Rookie

Yes, it's simple. ALL strikes, whether they're blocked or not, should drain more stamina. The newbie throwing hooks all fight non-stop currently cannot be punished like the Conor McGregor spammers in UFC 2. With the increased stamina tax, strikes would be thrown more strategically and the spammers / average players would be outclassed
Old 03-13-2018, 05:08 PM   #19
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
I think, they won't be increased stamina cost to strikes because I have checked GPD's twitter there is a lot of complaints about stamina issue from casual guys.

Meaning casuals think the stamina is too strict / too high of a tax?

DOH!

Well, to be expected.

I have no problem at all w/ sliders or what not for quick match....that SHOULD appease most casual fans that actually want to play online right?....but ranked/UT should be held to a higher standard
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 03-14-2018, 09:24 AM   #20
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Im all for incresing block breakdown a bit more and I voted more stamina tax on missed and blocked strikes. Currently I still feel like ppl are able to throw way too many strikes per round without being properly taxed. Needs to tax long term stamina a bit more.
Old 03-14-2018, 09:35 AM   #21
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Had a couple more 'keep as it is' type votes but still above 75% for more tax on strikes

As several have pointed out we def. would want SOMETHING done to nerf block a bit too.

To be more specific with the stamina tax...here are some numbers I came up with

* Successful Strikes ----- +5% Stamina Cost (I still think they are a bit light on stamina)

* Missed Strikes (whether ducked OR sidestepped OR just a complete whiff from distance....not just head movement!!) ----- +15% Stamina Cost

* Blocked Strikes (I feel that the stamina drain for blocked strikes is very low right now, so I would like to see a pretty darn significant boost) ---- +25% Stamina Cost

Remember I'm focusing mostly on *perm stamina* lost and not necessarily short term stamina. In fact I think the short term stamina mechanic in-game is pretty legit, especially standing. So this is pretty much only referrring to long-term stamina loss
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2018, 09:41 AM   #22
MVP

Earlier on I found the AI having too much of a stamina advantage, even though I blocked a lot of their shots, because I would whiff more of mine. Now I've got them whiffing strikes too, so it's much closer.

I'm all for combo strikes, landed or blocked having slightly more stamina drain. After all, throwing a punch anaerobically is going to tax you regardless. Throwing several punches at once even more.

Missing a strike taxes more because you're trying to regain or maintain your balance after throwing a big strike such as an overhand. (Edit: Also throwing a bigger strikes like an overhand has much more vicious intent behind them than say a jab)

If we get light strikes / heavy strikes someday, then the light ones should tax less than the heavy.

I voted no change in the poll as I'm not sure exactly what needs tweaking tbh. Mostly play with the hud off these days.

Blocked or landed punches could tax the guy more, but the guy blocking should pay the price either via head damage if they aren't blocking, or their block gets significantly weaker. So there's a trade off.

I'd say missed strikes are okay as they are, blocked strikes & landed strikes both should have similar stamina tax and be closer to missed strikes. Whether a guy is landing on my cranium or on my arms shouldn't make a big difference for him. It's still a contact strike.

Last edited by AydinDubstep; 03-14-2018 at 09:45 AM.
Old 03-14-2018, 09:56 AM   #23
Rookie

mr420_qq's Arena

This first patch is a huge step in the right direction dont forget that! I think missed strikes should be closer to evaded strikes in stamina tax, and a slight increase to blocked strikes would be nice. This damn game is not easy to balance. Whatever we do to change the meta there will be a new one probably just as annoying and just thinking about it makes me confused lol. I have faith in the devs/gamechangers because i feel they are on the right track overall.
Greetings from maspalomas. 3rd day on vacation and i already miss the game abit, im such a damn nerd

Sent from my SM-G935F using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-14-2018, 11:55 AM   #24
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

I usually play the game with custom sliders:
damage 15
Stamina cost 14

It's too bad that the AI doesn't adapt to what it has to work with. CAFs with low stamina and custom stamina cost high will still throw like it the world is on fire.

CAFs don't care what stats they have, they'll stand and bang with 30/100 strike stamina and 100/100 off the back if you happen to pick Robbie Lawler's walk out animation.

But i digress. I think a part of the problem is in order to let fighters be ok with not throwing hundreds of shots per round you have to give them something else to do besides circling eachother.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »