Home

Should Strikes Cost More Stamina

This is a discussion on Should Strikes Cost More Stamina within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Should Strikes Cost More Perm-Stamina?
Yes --- All Strikes Should Cost More Stamina 15 29.41%
Yes --- Only Missed/Blocked Strikes Should Cost More Stamina 22 43.14%
No --- Keep It The Same 10 19.61%
No --- Strikes Should Cost Less Stamina 4 7.84%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-12-2018, 10:59 AM   #1
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

OVR: 0
Should Strikes Cost More Stamina

I was my man Eddie Alvarez vs. Tony Ferguson

A tough matchup for sure. Tony is long, quick, powerful, and Eddie can't really do much on the ground or clinch against him.

That's OK though I'll work the body and let Tony gas himself.

First Round: Tony throws 150 strikes; 70 of them Sig Strikes. About 45% land. Most were avoided/blocked, only a few were ducked (I don't use much head movement). I work the body where I can but have to be cautious. I'm only able to throw about 60 strikes b/c I have to be on the defensive with 150 strikes coming at me over a 180 second period (Accelerated Clock )

Second Round: Tony comes out with ~95% stamina. Throws 145 strikes, 65 of them Sig Strikes. About 40% land. I rock him a couple times but not able to put him on his butt.

Third Round: Tony comes out with at least 90% Stamina, despite throwing almost 300 strikes in 2 rounds. I'm at about the same level of Stamina, but am clearly losing on the cards. I do my best but lose 2 rounds to 1. He throws about 120 strikes in Round 3, many sig strikes with again a sub-50% hit rate on me.

I know T Ferg has really good stamina. But having someone come out in the 3rd round with 90%+ stamina after throwing ~300 strikes......arghhh

Maybe I need to join the Head Movement Guild as that causes more stamina drain when they miss a strike that way.

But why even move my head if I can make him miss his first 3 shots by moving my feet; then block the fourth shot easily?

I know, I know, to get an uppercut counter, that's why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just wish stamina cost (perm stamina in particular) for strikes was increased by about 25% --- maybe even more if you exceed a certain output threshold in a round.

T Ferg throwing 70 strikes/round ---- yea he can keep that output up all day. But once 100, 120, 150 strikes/round ---- that's gotta gas ya

Baseball pitchers can throw 80-90 pitches in a game without really taxing themselves too badly. Just a couple days rest and you're back.

But throw 110+ in a game and you really can cause damage or at least, a much longer recovery time --- not to mention your pitching effectiveness goes down

Anyway...the poll....do you want an increased PERMANENT stamina tax on strikes?

Specifically excluding short-term stamina. I think that's in a decent spot. I would only be OK with that being changed if the Blocking Power was changed a bit Since it takes at least a 4-piece combo to do any sort of damage to block power....but I digress....PERM STAMINA ONLY for this poll haha
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch

Last edited by Boiler569; 03-12-2018 at 11:03 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2018, 11:03 AM   #2
Pro

TheJamesKraus's Arena

Re: Should Strikes Cost More Stamina

The numbers are highly exaggerated because it is after all a game.

I think a slight increase stamina drain on blocked strikes would help, as it is very draining to hit arm/shoulder as shown before IRL.
Old 03-12-2018, 11:05 AM   #3
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Keep in mind that an increased stamina tax on blocked strikes in a buff to block.
Old 03-12-2018, 11:10 AM   #4
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Keep in mind that an increased stamina tax on blocked strikes in a buff to block.
Yes very true. I think focusing on Perm-Stamina helps alleviate some (but not all) of that.

I would prefer that block power be reduce by 10-20% as well. Or, perhaps block-power regeneration is a bit slower. It seems to fully re-generate within 2-3 seconds right now, perhaps that could be more like 4-5 seconds.
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

Old 03-12-2018, 11:11 AM   #5
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJamesKraus
The numbers are highly exaggerated because it is after all a game.

I think a slight increase stamina drain on blocked strikes would help, as it is very draining to hit arm/shoulder as shown before IRL.
I feel that the Accelerated Clock accounts for the part that it's just a game So we should still be looking for somewhat-realistic striking numbers given the fact time is accelerated in-game
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2018, 11:16 AM   #6
Pro

TheJamesKraus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
You are right there. Tough to find that balance.

I think people look at the numbers too much, they are probably always going to be exaggerated since there are too many factors.

Also T Ferg has an insane gas tank, his fight in Mexico proves it. He is an outlier and probably not a fair reflection on the overall roster.

One thing I don’t like is the duck uppercut can last throughout 5 rounds, that needs to be changed but stamina drain across the board is already pretty substantial.
Old 03-12-2018, 11:25 AM   #7
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Use the lunge to make them miss and drain stamina. It's as effective as head movement when it comes to evades.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 03-12-2018, 11:46 AM   #8
Rookie

I want my vote back. I voted for all strikes to have higher stamina penalty, but what I intended (keeping in mind it's a buff to block), is that missed and blocked strikes have a higher stamina penalty.

Also feel like block break down, and long term block will have to be decreased as part of this initiative.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »