Home

Quick question...

This is a discussion on Quick question... within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2018, 02:48 AM   #17
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Quick question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFINISHxHIMx
I was talking about the back sitting position and it is too soon indeed. There should be no stand up at all in that position(if I'm active) no ref would ever stand you up in that position only an insane one. It's only one transition away from taking mount. I was perplexed after the stand up.
Back sitting
Sprawl
Back side control
Back mount
Back mount flat
Mount
North south
Side control
Crucifix
Side saddle

All shouldn't have a stand up timer if someone is actively striking.

Full Guard and Half Guard should though imo.
Old 03-15-2018, 03:33 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Relaxed Guy
I hate MMA stand ups in general, both in real life and the videogame. Like why is it OK to just make fighters stand up and start striking? Imagine if a fighter was being real elusive and boring on the feet, and the ref just made the fighters go to the ground. That would be crazy, you can't just move them to the ground. It's the same with stand ups to me. You can't just move them back to striking.

Way I see it, if one of the fighters doesn't like the position they're fighting from, they can change it themselves. If they're incapable of doing so, then they don't deserve to win.

Same with the "fans". If they don't like the position the fighters are fighting from, they can go watch another sport.

It's like if Mayweather was being real defensive in boxing, and the ref made him back up to the ropes so his opponent can wail on him. You can't just artificially adjust a fight as punishment for "inactivity".

If you can compete against a professionally trained fighter, and win while being "inactive", then perhaps your opponent deserves to lose. It's like on the videogame, I get a message "you got no standup, you literally didn't do anything the whole fight". I just respond "so you lost to a guy with no stand up, who didn't do anything the whole fight?"

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Now they're gonna make sure they stamina tax takedown attempts but you can duck and sway like you're in Michael Jackson's thriller for 5 rounds and be fresh as a daisy.

This game has turned into an all out assault on grappling. If you wanna make fight night, go make it.
Old 03-15-2018, 04:37 AM   #19
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Relaxed Guy
why is it OK to just make fighters stand up and start striking? Imagine if a fighter was being real elusive and boring on the feet, and the ref just made the fighters go to the ground
They actually tell the fighters for more action regardless of position. Note Holly Holm vs Bethe Correia where Marc Goddard called for a time out in a fight with only stand up.

I'm ok with stand ups, I'm okay with crow booing (what happened to that?) or the ref telling you to up the action in a round where no one throws anything.

MMA is still in it's early stages, and ruling and judging is still pretty backwards and incosistent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ_Manuel
Now they're gonna make sure they stamina tax takedown attempts but you can duck and sway like you're in Michael Jackson's thriller for 5 rounds and be fresh as a daisy.

This game has turned into an all out assault on grappling. If you wanna make fight night, go make it.
Yeah not sure what they're doing with that. I have a bad feeling the next patches will be: "what's the current meta, and how do we nerf that."

RIP grappling
Old 03-15-2018, 10:50 AM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Back sitting
Sprawl
Back side control
Back mount
Back mount flat
Mount
North south
Side control
Crucifix
Side saddle

All shouldn't have a stand up timer if someone is actively striking.

Full Guard and Half Guard should though imo.
100% agree

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »