Home

Back dashing with back against the cage.

This is a discussion on Back dashing with back against the cage. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2018, 01:06 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Back dashing with back against the cage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
If you back lunge with your back against the cage you get no evasion frames.

The threshold for when your back is considered against the cage might need tuning in relation to lunges, but the general statement that back lunges work when your back is against the cage is not true. I just tested it and you don't evade.
Would adding the stumble animation be possible?
It looks cool and fits the situation
Old 03-13-2018, 01:09 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
If you back lunge with your back against the cage you get no evasion frames.

The threshold for when your back is considered against the cage might need tuning in relation to lunges, but the general statement that back lunges work when your back is against the cage is not true. I just tested it and you don't evade.
I can confirm it does work, I double back dash into the cage and can slip strikes
Old 03-13-2018, 01:20 PM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigvinnylol
I can confirm it does work, I double back dash into the cage and can slip strikes

Back dashing and evasion frames are different things

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2018, 02:55 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man
This Is not True... Even from a realism/real-life perspective.

No fighter risks Striking, especially Kicking near the cage and get their hands injured or their foot stuck in the cage or smth. And generally in this game if you aren't clinched, your back is not touching the cage so there is always that space for you to move.

SO it makes sense that there is some space left almost always as a precaution for Strikes to have just enough space to be Lunged away at all times. Of course i am not saying that everyone should be able to do those lunges, but try figuring it out with this game where every fighter on the roster is Mike Tyson...

With that said... This is Anderson's Silva Signature Playstyle. Stand on the Cage and slip strikes and lunge left & right. I know left & right is different than back lunge, but due to the limited Blocking & Headmovement Mechanics that we have now, this will have to remain a thing. Just like a lot of unrealistic mechanics exist in other lacking departments such as the clinch.

Some Real Life Example of near the cage Kick Evasions from Anderson Silva against Bisping & Stefan Bonnar:

Bisping(showcasing it best):

Bonnar:

Last but not least, the biggest problem is not the head movement making it possible to dodge said strikes. It's the poorly thought-out, unrealistic mechanics that are put in place, that drain 100% of your stamina per strike/kick missed and are able to cause you to gass out in the first 10 seconds of a game, because of said unrealistic mechanics...

LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »