Home

How to Counter Head Movement Spam - Video Guide

This is a discussion on How to Counter Head Movement Spam - Video Guide within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2018, 01:47 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: How to Counter Head Movement Spam - Video Guide

Great video. I've been using the back lunge and body hooks on a lot of these spammers. Sometimes I kinda throw caution to the wind and bang it out tho. Some of these guys actually go back to the cage and just taunt for me to chase them after I make them miss a bit andI'll gladly stand in the middle of the cage and just taunt back since I won the round lol.

Physics really frustrate tho, specifically with the kicks landing flush and my opponents still finish their combos and rock me before my leg is back under me. Just like counters not doing much damage on sway spammers.
Old 03-14-2018, 01:55 PM   #18
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Nice contribution, Zombie.

This patch has increased my enjoyment of this game so many times over. I'm able to defend against a lot of these tactics a lot more now, and I can play a much more patient game. I don't feel forced to get into slugfests anymore, more often than not, I have opponents gassed early and can pick up the pace after that.

Head movement in general, isn't really an issue for me, but the duck and uppercut meta still exists to some degree. All it takes is one to land to sway a fight in someone's, so it's not surprising how much people fish for it. With the limited head movement and the way strikes are tracked, that might just be something we'll have to deal with for a while. For me, though, patience is everything right now.
Old 03-14-2018, 02:24 PM   #19
Rookie

You can call anyone a spammer, dweeb or whatever other names Zombie results to define/insult users just playing the game "not up to his standards" If counters against head movement are in place then there should be no issue.

People have fun playing the game the way you want to play it. Zombie take your issue up with the devs and not with the players who purchased and support the franchise.

One could call you a "single shot spammer" they need to make single shots weaker because there's no momentum. Relax on attacking people.
Old 03-14-2018, 02:53 PM   #20
EA Game Changer

ZombieRommel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMUHBOXER
You can call anyone a spammer, dweeb or whatever other names Zombie results to define/insult users just playing the game "not up to his standards" If counters against head movement are in place then there should be no issue.

People have fun playing the game the way you want to play it. Zombie take your issue up with the devs and not with the players who purchased and support the franchise.

One could call you a "single shot spammer" they need to make single shots weaker because there's no momentum. Relax on attacking people.
I'm not attacking people, I'm attacking a style - one I have no respect for - and showing how to expose it.

It's a style that takes relatively little skill for a huge payoff. That's why you saw it catch on like wildfire in the upper ranks, to the point that everyone and their mom was doing it. I do think it's imbalanced, and I have lobbied the devs for it to be changed. I think it still needs tweaks, but until that point, I want people to at least be be able to deal with it.

I did poke fun at MentalStability, because literally all he does is pick JDS (with his high level body jab & body straight) and alternate between body spam and slip shot spam. But I'm not really attacking anyone or taking it too personally. I just think the head spam style is ugly and too effective for how little skill it takes to pull off.

People can play however they want, and more power to them. I'm not going to plead with them to stop doing what they think is the most effective, but I am allowed to have an opinion on what they're doing.
Old 03-14-2018, 04:30 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKEZERO
I got head movement trolled last night by CABRAWL. He was M. Johnson and I was Vick. He took the center of the cage, set his feet, and just bobbed and weaved head movement and let me throw, not returning. Even when I landed single shots or 2, it didn't deter his tactic. He didn't take the same damage because he wasn't getting the extra vulnerability when getting caught throwing. I would miss, be very vulnerable and he still wouldn't throw. The body punch damage was buffed by his leans and ducks. I backed up out of punch range and kicked the body, but that didn't do much either with leaning protection. I clinched successfully but couldn't hold him there or force the ground. He was very disciplined and intermittently returned a couple punches especially when I would throw single leg kicks. The windup would get punished and the two hit body hook on a leaning opponent to leg kick was punishable too as he had a good understanding of the mechanics at play. Half a round of this, and with some big uppercut and hook misses, I was at a stamina disadvantage despite the minor damage he'd taken. From that point on, he picked me apart with mix ups after he used his initial tactic to get some rocks putting me in further danger. It was the biggest cheese ball tactic I've experienced. I felt pretty helpless for the first time, and to top it off the guy is a good player, not a scrub doing anything to win.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
This is basically what I am talking about
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »