Home

Power Punching Modifier

This is a discussion on Power Punching Modifier within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2018, 06:05 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Power Punching Modifier

Disregard previous post ...some fighters can use of four directional buttons to taunt ...I didn't realise that . I must sound like a fool as I've been stating this for a while on this forum . Sorry guys

Sent from my Infinix Zero 4 using Tapatalk
Old 03-14-2018, 06:24 AM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitfistssaipailo
Disregard previous post ...some fighters can use of four directional buttons to taunt ...I didn't realise that . I must sound like a fool as I've been stating this for a while on this forum . Sorry guys

Sent from my Infinix Zero 4 using Tapatalk
Tbh, those with 4 taunt could easily be bound to modifiers & just have 1 D-Pad button to taunt e.g.
LT + up on dpad taunt = not bad face
RT + up on dpad taunt = raise wine glass
RB + up on dpad taunt = nod & smile whilst camera zooms on face
LB + up on dpad taunt = applaud opponent
Old 03-14-2018, 08:03 AM   #11
Banned

Click R3 to activate it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2018, 10:34 AM   #12
Rookie

Standing strikes should be the go to for power punches right now. Sway strikes should be half of that power when unexchanged; but counter punches/answered punches from the sway should be as good as standing puches which it is but cannot say the same for standing punches maybe I'm wrong to say so.
Old 03-14-2018, 12:37 PM   #13
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AydinDubstep
All about the controls. If there's a way to add this to the controls, I'm all for it!

I wouldn't mind if it were even tied to the D Pad instead of one of the taunts.

Press it and you switch from Lawler mode to Bisping mode.

Less than ideal if you want to mix up power and light shots in a combo but you'd have to redo the combo system anyway if you wanted it the Fight Night way.

Would love to have a few different stances available.

- sit down (more weight on legs but harder strikes, especially punches & body shots, slower movement)
- balanced
- light feet (less weight on legs, quicker movement, lighter shots)
- thai style (weight on back foot, weaker punches, faster front teep, leg kicks and head kicks, faster leg checks)
- side chamber (narrows your stance for quick side kicks, darting in / out and spinning attacks)
- hands down (smoother head movement and counters off it, hands at waist level)
- wrassling (lower centre of gravity, not great for striking but gains a G.A.)

Different fighters would have different stances available. Everyone would have at least balanced / normal stance whatever theirs is, with heavy handed guys having the strong stance available and fast strategic guys having the light stance.

Someone like Yoel would have light, balanced and heavy available and have little visual difference between the three to be sneaky like Yoel is.

The heavy stance would burn more energy and you'd see fighters load up a lot more on strikes. Higher vulnerability too but greater power behind shots.

Advanced strikers IRL can seemlessly switch between these but most people just stick to 1 mode i.e. I'm gonna knock your head off, I'm gonna keep this smart and create openings, I'm gonna keep this technical and play it safe.
Another thing i've suggested.

I was making the arguement "Just like we have the L2 modifier to perform head movement, we should have the L1+R1 modifiers to have different/aggresive stances that cost more stamina/make you more vunerable, but give you benefits such as going in an out of range faster and help you chase someone down easier and give you vunerability, for the benefit of running away faster or circling your opponent faster or dealing strikes with more damage/precision."

It feels as if all those newly recorded movement animations are underutilized... We definitely needed them, but we also needed the freedom to control them and not have them play out automatically, like they currently do.. Movement should have been a huge aspect of the gameplay not just a visual candy that seems to be with EA UFC 3.

I also recommended that blocking Head Strikes should be the R2 Block Input + R1 to make it harder to block your head(due to more complex inputs) and to free up more inputs for more strikes like EA UFC 1. And I was happy to see they did something simillar to that, with the current blocking we have.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 03-14-2018 at 12:40 PM.
Old 03-14-2018, 03:10 PM   #14
Rookie

MysticJack541's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Click R3 to activate it
My only problem with something like this, is if i'm trying to set someone up by throwing two light jabs then a powerful right hook, it would be a little awkward to click R3 real quick, then click it again to go back into "light" mode.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-14-2018, 04:57 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticJack541
My only problem with something like this, is if i'm trying to set someone up by throwing two light jabs then a powerful right hook, it would be a little awkward to click R3 real quick, then click it again to go back into "light" mode.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Operation Sports mobile app
To each his own on that note. I think compared to other “fighting” games the controls on this are very simplistic.

Only other option is maybe having to press all 4 shoulder buttons or somethin. But that wouldnt be as reliable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2018, 05:03 PM   #16
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Press and hold could 100% work for sure.

Only reason I don't jump on that idea is that I really think a power strike should have longer windup, and you can't do that with a press and hold input.

You'd need a modifier.

Could we go with press and hold but have longer recovery for power shots?

Yes.

But I don't think it's a good option without the increased execution frames.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »