Home

EA Sports UFC 3 Patch 1.03 Available, Adds Dana White to the Roster - Patch Notes

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 3 Patch 1.03 Available, Adds Dana White to the Roster - Patch Notes within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2018, 01:40 AM   #57
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Patch spoilers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
That post was in regards to online play only.
So there's no vulnerability tune for clinch denials offline? confusing.
Old 03-15-2018, 01:48 AM   #58
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGowan
So there's no vulnerability tune for clinch denials offline? confusing.
No, that's not what I'm saying. The vulnerability tune for clinch denials is everywhere.

The post you quoted where I talked about spamming takedowns. That's something I do online. Myself and others spam takedown attempts sometimes because they are easy to deny.

The stamina penalty will hurt those that use style online and offline I imagine.

I call it "sim" playing.

Last edited by Dave_S; 03-15-2018 at 01:52 AM.
Old 03-15-2018, 01:49 AM   #59
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

Ah, and my original post was: the clinch and takedowns feel nerfed enough at it is.
Old 03-15-2018, 01:56 AM   #60
Rookie

Looks like you want to destroy grappling in UFC 3.

I think I will not play anymore.
Old 03-15-2018, 01:58 AM   #61
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliojin
Looks like you want to destroy grappling in UFC 3.

I think I will not play anymore.
You can always come hang out in quick match.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2018, 02:28 AM   #62
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
They're taxing head movement by way of making you extra vulnerable to damage when using head movement.

Not everyone agrees that a stamina tax is the end all be all solution anyway. I wish people would recognize that any addition of a stamina tax would likely be so inconsequential to avoid turning people away from the game.

As opposed to a tuning of vulnerability/damage (the route they're going) would likely yield a much more pronounced and accelerated impact to people swaying.

It's almost as if someone suggested stamina tax and everyone else just started championing that idea without critically thinking about the baby steps that they'd have to take being that head movement was heavily integrated into striking defense on this game.
I have no idea what you just said. There needs to be a tax on head movement. Period. Write 5 paragraphs about whatever you want.

Turning people away? Lol I'm on xbox and there's 1k people on right now and I've gotten unable to find opponent 3 times. People have been turned away dude.

Last edited by EJ_Manuel; 03-15-2018 at 02:43 AM.
Old 03-15-2018, 02:43 AM   #63
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ_Manuel
I have no idea what you just said. There needs to be a tax on head movement. Period. Write 5 paragraphs about whatever you want.
Well I'll put it into laymen's terms for you - they're going the route of addressing the lack of danger when swaying as opposed to just a blanket stamina tax.

Not everyone agrees that a stamina tax is at all a solution. You have to think that when introducing a stamina tax there'd likely be very little effect as they'd have to do baby steps with something so drastic.

Instead they're just making head movement more dangerous to use instead which will make it less rewarding to use due to the danger. This will be a much quicker fix and is the better solution in my eyes rather than a stamina tax.
Old 03-15-2018, 02:53 AM   #64
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Well I'll put it into laymen's terms for you - they're going the route of addressing the lack of danger when swaying as opposed to just a blanket stamina tax.

Not everyone agrees that a stamina tax is at all a solution. You have to think that when introducing a stamina tax there'd likely be very little effect as they'd have to do baby steps with something so drastic.

Instead they're just making head movement more dangerous to use instead which will make it less rewarding to use due to the danger. This will be a much quicker fix and is the better solution in my eyes rather than a stamina tax.
How is it drastic? Stop flicking the damn right stick before you strike every time. And whatever added damage they've done on sways and ducks, I ain't seeing it. I can double uppercut someone ducking with freaking Overeem and nothing happens and they just coming forward. I'm telling you man, this has turned a crapload of people off of this game. It needs to be fixed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »