Home

Picking grapplers feels pointless

This is a discussion on Picking grapplers feels pointless within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2018, 02:16 AM   #9
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Picking grapplers feels pointless

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
Just played a match against Conor using Chad, at no point did I feel my takedown threat was any better than had I used Bruce Lee. The takedowns come out extremely slow and are very easy to stop. There should be certain conditions hat guarantee a takedown. I ended up having to outstrike him with Chad.

Now with the added takedown stamina dip its even riskier to shoot takedowns, and they are already hard to get. I find myself looking at this game like a kickboxing game
Yeah it's sort of weird, I actually ended up seeing a lot of difference styles of fighting in UFC2 couch multiplayer. In UFC3 though, even though there are so many different styles baked in the game i seem to end up kickboxing.
Old 03-16-2018, 09:16 AM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGowan
Yeah it's sort of weird, I actually ended up seeing a lot of difference styles of fighting in UFC2 couch multiplayer. In UFC3 though, even though there are so many different styles baked in the game i seem to end up kickboxing.
Yesterday I destroyed a guy who was using maia by just avoiding the clinch and takedowns, his stamina dipped to nothing. I was using Thompson, I am not saying it shouldnt be possible but it wasn’t really hadd to do. Especially since he suffers alot more for failure to grappple than i do for failure to strike
Old 03-16-2018, 09:49 AM   #11
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

It's weird, clinching should feel like a plan B if you're getting lit up on your feet. Someone's on the inside, boxing your head off? you grab them and hold on for dear life.

You do that in this game and you're dead.

Last edited by MacGowan; 03-16-2018 at 11:26 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2018, 09:50 AM   #12
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

I would like to see go-forward patches at least have half their gameplay focus on ground & clinch.....there is still some standup to be worked upon but it's a lot better than at launch (ESPECIALLY SINCE YESTERDAY ) ---- there are still some 'easy fixes' / low-hanging fruit that should be looked into ASAP for ground and clinch tho IMO so i hope we don't have to wait until May or June for those to be looked at
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 03-16-2018, 10:26 AM   #13
Banned

Devs please forget grappling. This is a striking only game! what we all really want to see u work on is Francis ngannous newest yellow highlights and fade .

Last edited by LaQuica; 03-16-2018 at 10:31 AM.
Old 03-16-2018, 10:27 AM   #14
Banned

Devs I’m in the top 500 please make grappling harder so I can be good too , some top player beat me yesterday on the ground . Cheeeeese!!! Exploit!!!! Take the ground and clinch off completely !!!

Last edited by LaQuica; 03-16-2018 at 10:44 AM.
Old 03-16-2018, 11:11 AM   #15
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaQuica
Devs I’m in the top 500 please make grappling harder so I can be good too , some top player beat me yesterday on the ground . Cheeeeese!!! Exploit!!!! Take the ground and clinch off completely !!!
ok ok we get it smh

For the record I definitely want grappling to be expanded upon and overall, made more powerful

But you're whining aint gonna help much :P
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2018, 11:30 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
In all seriousness, this is my take (not EAs and not with any inside info):

The focus of development was on striking. People are paying more attention to issues with striking. So initially the dev team is working on fixing major issues with striking.

We likely have 5 to 6 mos of patches and I have no doubt that GPD will get around to focusing on them soon. I know that isnt great news for someone who only likes to grapple but I'm confident something will be done.
You say the focus is on striking but in the two patches you make more difficult clinch, takedowns and ground game, and change the way to judge fights ending with decisions giving more point to striking.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »