Home

AI hard difficulty just about perfect now after 1.03 patch

This is a discussion on AI hard difficulty just about perfect now after 1.03 patch within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2018, 03:39 PM   #9
Pro

mannyonelover's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: AI hard difficulty just about perfect now after 1.03 patch

Definitely an improvement just need to work out some bugs with the Leg kicks and tone down the AI stamina efficiency, they fight to accurate.. needs a little more cost on stamina for there fighting style..

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-16-2018, 03:43 PM   #10
EA Sports UFC Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyonelover
Definitely an improvement just need to work out some bugs with the Leg kicks and tone down the AI stamina efficiency, they fight to accurate.. needs a little more cost on stamina for there fighting style..

Them being stamina efficient is more about how you play against them. Most notable stamina loss in the game comes from wiffing strikes, which you can make the AI do with footwork and head movement. If you stay in range and let them hit either you or your block a lot, then they won't gas very quickly. It's either that, or the AI's aggression and strike output goes up...

Stamina loss is equal for users and AI, unless you've modified it with sliders.

Last edited by Skynet; 03-16-2018 at 03:47 PM.
Old 03-16-2018, 03:57 PM   #11
Pro

mannyonelover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet
Them being stamina efficient is more about how you play against them. Most notable stamina loss in the game comes from wiffing strikes, which you can make the AI do with footwork and head movement. If you stay in range and let them hit either you or your block a lot, then they won't gas very quickly. It's either that, or the AI's aggression and strike output goes up...

Just seems like it’s hard for me to make the AI miss with whiffing strikes without using to much of my stamina with foot work and head movement,
I think some fighters should naturally go a little crazy with strikes like Diego Sanchez ,Justin Gaethje etc.. but they seem just as conservative as a point fighter but just with more pressure..

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2018, 04:49 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AydinDubstep
Put just over an hour vs hard and I have to disagree. Hard is too easy now and pro is too big of a step up. Hard is a bit too tentative. (Edit: vs Michael Bisping this is not the case so I take this back)

What I would have prefered seeing for hard from before was actually less dodges, especially ducking kicks and more blocking.

I prefer the ground game of Pro however. The increase in feint frequency works well on Pro too. Just the stand up of Pro for me requires too much attention and effort to be fun.

The counter frequency on the whole seems better though. Not sure if I am imagining it but less matrix counters.

Edit:

Changing my tune, I actually like the new hard. It's a slightly more chilled sort of gameplay which is great after work.
Yes. I agree. It feels a little slower and more methodically, but still dangerous. I think the biggest difference is when the CPU decides to attack me it feels like a swarm but it's not constant.

And if I swarm and don't finish, it effects my abilities for the rest of the fight. The decisions have consequences.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 03-16-2018, 07:19 PM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AydinDubstep
What I've realised is, the blocking now on hard means you can lead more with attacks rather than:
1) Attacking at the same time as the AI.
2) Throwing long combos as they tended to drop their guard after 2 or 3 hits.
3) Countering after the AI.

Makes the fight flow a bit more.
Yeah the flow does feel a lot better. I love head-hunting for an entire round, then start ripping the body in the second. That actually works now!

Also pretty sure I just pulled a Jon Jones DC 2 earlier. Kept hitting the AI with body kicks, then the last few minutes of the fight I threw a big head kick and the AI tried blocking the body. It was a severe KD ----> Finish the Fight ending. If that was due to the new update, that is so sick.
Old 03-16-2018, 11:38 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:

Does the AI consider (attempt to emulate) concepts such as frustration and desperation. For example if someone keeps chewing up their leg, perhaps they it will boost their (striking) aggression parameters for a period of time?
I'm so happy with how you've been handling things, and wish I could be there with you. I am currently doing AI/ML though I know that's entirely different than the framework your working within. I would love to be able to generate and leverage a cool adaptive CPU fighter API.

If you'd ever be willing to share any of the nitty gritty of things you're wrestling with conceptually or implementation wise I'd love to hear it. I don't know that I'd be much help but sometimes just talking through things with someone new can help you come to new and different solutions.
Old 03-17-2018, 12:36 AM   #15
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:

Yup this is definitely true. I played AI DC and he gassed by the middle of the 3rd round just from missing alot of strikes and me stuffing his consecutive td and clinch attempts.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »