Home

Grappling ref stand ups

This is a discussion on Grappling ref stand ups within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2018, 08:44 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Grappling ref stand ups

I’m not sure if this has been in the game since Day 1 or recently added on the down low but I had a match today where I got rocked against the AI and held him against the cage so I could recover. After about 15-20 seconds of neither me nor my opponent transitioning or doing anything the referee broke us up and restarted us in the center of the octogon. It was the first time I had seen this and was pretty amazed. I want to try to see if I can replicate it on the ground and again in the clinch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2018, 04:36 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Grappling ref stand ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waterboy92
I’m not sure if this has been in the game since Day 1 or recently added on the down low but I had a match today where I got rocked against the AI and held him against the cage so I could recover. After about 15-20 seconds of neither me nor my opponent transitioning or doing anything the referee broke us up and restarted us in the center of the octogon. It was the first time I had seen this and was pretty amazed. I want to try to see if I can replicate it on the ground and again in the clinch
No need to that has been added recently. Inactivity on the ground and stalling throwing baby punches ends in a ref stand up.
Old 03-16-2018, 04:39 PM   #3
EA Sports UFC Developer

This has always existed, however we recently reduced the time required for the ref to do so. There are two timers at work: one is short but resets easily - inactivity, the other is longer but only reset for larger actions like actual changes in position or heavy strikes from TKO positions - lay & pray.
Old 03-16-2018, 05:04 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet
This has always existed, however we recently reduced the time required for the ref to do so. There are two timers at work: one is short but resets easily - inactivity, the other is longer but only reset for larger actions like actual changes in position or heavy strikes from TKO positions - lay & pray.
I cannot tell you how much I appreciate this mechanic as well as the reduction in time. It’s nice when I try to lay and pray to be stood up by the ref
Old 03-16-2018, 10:19 PM   #5
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

The stand up ref timer from backsitting is a joke and it stands you up way to quick. You can be hitting your opponent in the face and body and deny all of there escapes and still get stood up. The only way to not get stood up is trying sub attempts and then let them escape on the first gate which resets the timer. If they block all your subs attempts then your basically screwed.

This needs to be looked at and tweaked ASAP. not realistic at all and would never ever happen in a real mma fight.

Just look at the Cowboy vs Myles Jury fight when cowboy had him in backsitting for almost a whole round. This scenario can’t happen in UFC 3 after this last patch.

Last edited by Bigg Cee; 03-16-2018 at 10:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2018, 10:25 PM   #6
Rookie

Grappling ref stand ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
The stand up ref timer from backsitting is a joke and it stands you up way to quick. You can be hitting your opponent in the face and body and deny all of there escapes and still get stood up. The only way to not get stood up is trying sub attempts and then let them escape on the first gate which resets the timer. If they block all your subs attempts then your basically screwed.

This needs to be looked at and tweaked ASAP. not realistic at all and would never ever happen in a real mma fight.

Just look at the Cowboy vs Myles Jury fight when cowboy had him in backsitting for almost a whole round. This scenario can’t hapoen in UFC 3 after this last patch.

It also considers punches thrown in single collar as “baby punches” so you can be in single collar wailing on your opponent and still get separated.

But to be fair, strikes in single collar have the damage equivalent to a baby’s punches...so I guess that makes sense?

I posted a video of this in the OP of an old thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-17-2018, 12:43 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceberg3445
It also considers punches thrown in single collar as “baby punches” so you can be in single collar wailing on your opponent and still get separated.

But to be fair, strikes in single collar have the damage equivalent to a baby’s punches...so I guess that makes sense?

I posted a video of this in the OP of an old thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I think this points to a larger issue. Strikes in the single collar shouldn't be so weak they are considered baby punches. Simply put, you don't have to be an elite level athlete to land a powerful strike from this position. I really hope EA considers updating the damage model some with one of these patches.

As much as things get nerfed I think an overall 10% damage increase across the board would be good, with an additional 15% to all strikes from clinch and dominant ground positions.
Old 03-17-2018, 02:06 AM   #8
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Over/under on the cage throwing knees to the body and denying someone from escaping can also get you a ref break. Even if your doing some damage it still breaks you up after about 10 secs.

Kinda weird.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »