Home

Why did i have to watch a Martial Mind Video to figure this out?

This is a discussion on Why did i have to watch a Martial Mind Video to figure this out? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2018, 06:47 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Why did i have to watch a Martial Mind Video to figure this out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neyney00
You just did a post how block is flawed and then you post this? You need to understand mechanics before you open your mouth anymore.

It’s tough to gauge just by reading if someone is incompetent but in your case I always suspected it. Shouldn’t guys like this be restricted to what they can post. Honestly we don’t need guys like this trying to sway devs opinions. He literally just proved he has no idea what he’s taking about.
Seriously. These types of people always respond aggressively to me when I point out they have no idea what they're talking about, but instead of listening they just continue on being bad players and posters.

It's like, hey, if you actually start taking advice and stop doing what you're doing, I wouldn't talk to you like that. Amazing concept.
Old 03-16-2018, 07:03 PM   #10
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by neyney00
You just did a post how block is flawed and then you post this? You need to understand mechanics before you open your mouth anymore.

It’s tough to gauge just by reading if someone is incompetent but in your case I always suspected it. Shouldn’t guys like this be restricted to what they can post. Honestly we don’t need guys like this trying to sway devs opinions. He literally just proved he has no idea what he’s taking about.
Ohhh you are smart troll aren't ya? I am incompetent in a broken game that has been out for just over a month? Ohhh well i am sorry for not being a DIV 8 Beast before opening my mouth to criticize this masterpiece...

Did i really just post here today complaining about how i don't like the block mechanics? Nahh that mustn't have been me... I don't remember that...

I couldn't have just made another post(this one) pretty much admitting my mistake from the other post. A mistake that i am willing to bet half the people on this forum have propably made themselves due to the misscommunication.

There is no logic in what you are saying. Banning me for not knowing a deep hidden mechanic that is not even mentioned on the game's tutorials? Get outta here you blatant troll.

Nobody i've played against online follows this logic from what I've seen and even if they did, it's not like it's easy to figure it out. Everyone plays as if 4 strikes pierce the block at best. At worse everyone has been spamming sways left & right for the past month that the game is out and of course nobody playing online could have figured out a block mechanic like that, especially without any animations indicating that's what's happening...

It's a gamey arcadey hidden mechanic where 4 strikes is the magic number for a scripted mechnanic to take place.

Criticizing something, doesn't mean that you must have 100% knowledge of it. If you experience it and you don't like it, you let it out there and if you are wrong people will tell you. I haven't stumbled upon any comment on any block complaing thread, explaining and ensuring that something like that is understood fully.

With that said, even the game's tutorial makers didn't know this hidden feuture. Go watch em and listen to them describing it.. Nowhere does it even mention that 4 strikes pierce the block, let alone the fact that block breaking has a directional logic behind it...

If anything, my post complaining about block being nearly impenetratable along with tons of other simillar threads, goes to show, that most people aren't aware of such a mechanic due to misscommunication and no tutorials explaining such nescessary mechanics.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 03-16-2018 at 07:11 PM.
Old 03-16-2018, 07:05 PM   #11
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
Seriously. These types of people always respond aggressively to me when I point out they have no idea what they're talking about, but instead of listening they just continue on being bad players and posters.

It's like, hey, if you actually start taking advice and stop doing what you're doing, I wouldn't talk to you like that. Amazing concept.
You don't know how to participate in a discussion.

You have no arguements. All you say is "I am better than you, stop saying this or that because i don't like it."

Instead of actually giving arguements and refutting other people's opinions, you insult them and you get nowhere.

Only replies i've gotten from you, have had almost no arguementation behind them. Just using slurs like "How can people like this exist?" "How can people pay attention to somebody like that! Ignore him! He is incompetent!"

That's pretty much the level of participation I've seen from you in my threads.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 03-16-2018 at 07:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2018, 07:10 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man

You have no arguements. All you say is "I am better than you, stop saying this or that because i don't like it."

Instead of actually giving arguements and refutting other people's opinions, you insult them and you get nowhere.
This is just a straight up lie and obviously an attempt to save your ego. Would you like me to quote all my posts in your thread? Each and every one of them included some advice on the topic. And when Dave pressed me further for different scenarios, I provided more advice there.

I LITERALLY told you what the essence of this post we're in now was in the other topic, but YOU. DON'T. LISTEN.

This is why several people, not just me, have pointed out that you have consistently make terrible posts like these. But, feel free to continue saying things to soothe yourself like "you're a troll" instead of actually taking the advice you make topics on.
Old 03-16-2018, 07:11 PM   #13
Rookie

mr420_qq's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by manliest_Man

Only replies i've gotten from you, have had almost no arguementation behind them. Just using slurs like "How can people like this exist?" "How can people pay attention to somebody like that! Ignore him! He is incompetent!"

That's pretty much the level of participation I've seen from you in my threads.
Iam pretty sure he told you some block breaking combos in the other thread if im not wrong.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-16-2018, 07:12 PM   #14
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialMind
I GENUINELY thought everyone knew about this block logic.
At least everyone that frequents this forum. It has been mentioned here by a lot of players including Devs.
Martial Mind, are you aware if such straight/round strikes block piercing mechanics are also part of the ground game in any way?
Old 03-16-2018, 07:13 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr420_qq
Iam pretty sure he told you some block breaking combos in the other thread if im not wrong.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Operation Sports mobile app
I absolutely did.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2018, 07:18 PM   #16
Banned

I never said ban you. The reality is your views are skewed by your lack of knowledge. Your complain about mechanics you don’t even know about. I don’t know about you but I hate to be wrong. I educate myself before I’m willing to even talk about a given subject.

The last thing we need is someone creating a topic with the sole intent of swaying the devs to change mechanics of anything when the person leading the charge is ignorant. Not attacking you as a person or trolling for that matter. I just want what’s best for this game and I believe guys like you are not helping anything.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »