Home

More dlc fighters?

This is a discussion on More dlc fighters? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2018, 07:15 AM   #17
MVP

FerdBrown's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: More dlc fighters?

They should include legendary boxers + add in / modify the stand and bang mode as boxer’s corner mode. Boxing is also a martial arts discipline.

Legendary guys like Tyson and Klitschko and Pacquiao and Mayweather should do just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-19-2018, 12:07 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

Are they going to add more legends?
Old 03-19-2018, 12:18 PM   #19
Rookie

I just want a prime ratings legend pack of the existing figjters already on the game... it wpuldnt even be hard for them to do...

Anderson silva, dan henderson, vitor belfort, bj penn.... wouldnt even have to add anybody...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 03-19-2018, 01:03 PM   #20
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by burningxspirit
Can we finally get Tank Abbot??? Also Brock (who hasn't been good since undisputed), Randy Couture, Tim Sylvia, Sakuraba, shamrock, Bob Sapp, Rich Franklin, Kenny Florian, Sean Shrek, Gomi and not gonna happen but Shinya Aoki plz 🙏🙏
A lot of these aren't under UFC contracts and it would have to go through negotiations. not to mention they are waaay behind on the current roster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jettosu134408
I just want a prime ratings legend pack of the existing figjters already on the game... it wpuldnt even be hard for them to do...

Anderson silva, dan henderson, vitor belfort, bj penn.... wouldnt even have to add anybody...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

A lot of those problems would be gone if they had made the fighters customisable or have alternative versions.
  • Cowboy with or without the beard? nope
  • Namajunas with or without the long hair? nope
  • Conor McGregor skinny or bulky? nope

instead, when they update the Cowboy skin, the old one gets left behind, and so they'll always be playing catch up.

It should be that you press left/right pad and it should scroll through a few Vitor Belfort versions throughout his career. some of those with higher overalls.

There are some problems with that though, they are, as i said, way behind on the roster. the fighter themselves might take offence to EA claiming they're passed their prime. aaand I'm not sure if EA has the rights to, say Vitor Belfort's likeness, circa 2003.

The system they have now with UFC2 having two separate Mike Tyson's, and the different weight-classes having separate duplicates of skins (but with different ratings) is such a wonky and backwards way of categorising it. Fighters look identically in any weight-class. You go combined lightweight and you have 2 DJ's and 1 TJ to choose from. It just looks messy with no real logic to it. Not to mention you have to first go weight-class, then roll through a long list that can take forever. "aaah I'm not finding a cool fighter", next weightclass. roooolling through that slow wheel.

It should be more streamlined. like a map,
  • - you see all the faces and names, you choose Vitor Belfort,
  • - you have the option of the Belfort version from the Couture fight (IF you you DON'T want the default one),
  • - then the weight class (and Belfort get's bulkier/skinnier),
  • - then his shorts,
  • - and you're ready to go.
Old 03-19-2018, 01:06 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I'd prefer guys like O'Malley, Israel and Zabit get added later. The more tape we have on them, the easier it is to do their stats. Right now its a guess on a guy like Israel.
Just a question but do you guys watch fights recent additions have had outside the UFC if they've only had 1 or 2 fights inside the UFC?

Let's use Israel as an example, he's only had one fight in the UFC, so say he was hypothetically going to be added in the patch, would you watch his last few fights in Australia (Guillard for example) to get a bit more of a rough idea of movesets and stats, I realise it wouldn't quote apply as well for stats due to the difference in competition but I imagine it would still help.

I mean, I kind of assume you do, given plenty of Saki's moves and unique combos have come from his kickboxing days, not his MMA career.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2018, 01:21 PM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGowan
A lot of these aren't under UFC contracts and it would have to go through negotiations. not to mention they are waaay behind on the current roster.

A lot of those problems would be gone if they had made the fighters customisable or have alternative versions.
  • Cowboy with or without the beard? nope
  • Namajunas with or without the long hair? nope
  • Conor McGregor skinny or bulky? nope

instead, when they update the Cowboy skin, the old one gets left behind, and so they'll always be playing catch up.

It should be that you press left/right pad and it should scroll through a few Vitor Belfort versions throughout his career. some of those with higher overalls.

There are some problems with that though, they are, as i said, way behind on the roster. the fighter themselves might take offence to EA claiming they're passed their prime. aaand I'm not sure if EA has the rights to, say Vitor Belfort's likeness, circa 2003.

The system they have now with UFC2 having two separate Mike Tyson's, and the different weight-classes having separate duplicates of skins (but with different ratings) is such a wonky and backwards way of categorising it. Fighters look identically in any weight-class. You go combined lightweight and you have 2 DJ's and 1 TJ to choose from. It just looks messy with no real logic to it. Not to mention you have to first go weight-class, then roll through a long list that can take forever. "aaah I'm not finding a cool fighter", next weightclass. roooolling through that slow wheel.

It should be more streamlined. like a map,
  • - you see all the faces and names, you choose Vitor Belfort,
  • - you have the option of the Belfort version from the Couture fight (IF you you DON'T want the default one),
  • - then the weight class (and Belfort get's bulkier/skinnier),
  • - then his shorts,
  • - and you're ready to go.

This, if they incorporated it in any way shape or form would make me so happy.

I'd be totally fine if they wanted to lock say, ranked only to the most current version if fighters if they had different stats with different models but yeah, this would add so much replayability whilst fixing certain polarising stats.

Such as Vitor, where his speed stat and movement are almost at legendary Vitor levels, but he is still fighting and his stats should probably reflect his current state.

Whereas Dan Henderson and Big Nog, both retired, and thus could totally be justified in having somewhat legendary stat levels, are both basically reflected at their later stages just before they retired, though admittedly the only things I'd change on legendary Big Nog and Hendo stats would be their prime chins/health, a bit of a stamina buff each and a bit of a striking buff for Nog, but nothing major TBH.

However, the system you recommend would totally solve these kind of things, as both would become viable. I'd love to see it.

I actually liked the old Ortega model, for example, it was dated as hell, sure, but I would have LOVED the option to still be able to use it occasionally, despite the fact I'm really happy and love the new model.

Hell, same with Poirier, it was dated, and I totally prefer the new model, but the option to use a 2014 era Poirier would still be cool.
Old 03-19-2018, 02:42 PM   #23
Banned

Anyway we get Costa or kenflo

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Old 03-19-2018, 10:39 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 3

It's really a shame that couture and Ortiz are not in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »