Home

Body shots are extremely difficult to counter

This is a discussion on Body shots are extremely difficult to counter within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2018, 01:09 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Body shots are extremely difficult to counter

I had an idea regarding this, and the latency between how fast we can react with high/low block in game (also posted in the 'mixed strike block' thread):

Get rid of RT+LT for low blocking!

RT will for block for head AND body, and let the AI smart-drive blocking high/low along with the block breakdown mechanics. This might require adding a block breakdown mechanic where going high for 2-3 strikes opens up a shot on the body. Just like for same level straight, straight, hook breaks a held block so too would high high low.

This opens up LT... for *timed* strong block. RT+LT *timed* will check kicks, catch body kicks and perform a more aggressive block to mitigate one-shot damage that could otherwise be absorbed by a high kick or an overhand.

It would also (if done properly) reset block breakdown... straight, straight, hook could then be stopped by a defender *timing* the RT+LT on the hook. Or *timing* the RT+LT on one of the straights to reset the block breaking.

I think this would be applicable to clinch and ground as well. No more guessing game in the thai clinch, just hold RT. Opponent will have to go body, body, head to get through... but you can use a *timed* RT+LT to completely block the elbow or knee (hip push), and then transition.
Old 03-21-2018, 01:16 PM   #34
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonlywoj
I had an idea regarding this, and the latency between how fast we can react with high/low block in game (also posted in the 'mixed strike block' thread):

Get rid of RT+LT for low blocking!

RT will for block for head AND body, and let the AI smart-drive blocking high/low along with the block breakdown mechanics. This might require adding a block breakdown mechanic where going high for 2-3 strikes opens up a shot on the body. Just like for same level straight, straight, hook breaks a held block so too would high high low.

This opens up LT... for *timed* strong block. RT+LT *timed* will check kicks, catch body kicks and perform a more aggressive block to mitigate one-shot damage that could otherwise be absorbed by a high kick or an overhand.

It would also (if done properly) reset block breakdown... straight, straight, hook could then be stopped by a defender *timing* the RT+LT on the hook. Or *timing* the RT+LT on one of the straights to reset the block breaking.

I think this would be applicable to clinch and ground as well. No more guessing game in the thai clinch, just hold RT. Opponent will have to go body, body, head to get through... but you can use a *timed* RT+LT to completely block the elbow or knee (hip push), and then transition.
I like that idea. Just make the weaker block break faster than it does now.
Old 03-21-2018, 03:12 PM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
I like that idea. Just make the weaker block break faster than it does now.
More discussion in that other thread. This mechanic is definitely more AI mechanic (and fighter stat) driven that user-input. Personally, I would rather RT+right-thumbstick govern block... high(up), low(down) and *strong block* to zones (ex. up-left, but leaves down-left and all right vulnerable).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2018, 07:38 PM   #36
Pro

Is everyone still not experiencing this?

All the top players in the 'Rest Of World' region (basically Australia/NZ) just spam the **** out of body shots. I have a video if need be.
Old 04-09-2018, 07:46 PM   #37
MVP

Trillz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshly Baked Gregg
Is everyone still not experiencing this?

All the top players in the 'Rest Of World' region (basically Australia/NZ) just spam the **** out of body shots. I have a video if need be.
you need to learn how to block high and low fast and predict when hes going to throw to punish them. you have to mix up your defence and offensive to easily beat them. If they see you have a weakness to body shots they gonna abuse it if you dont change your gameplan.
Old 04-09-2018, 07:54 PM   #38
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillz
you need to learn how to block high and low fast and predict when hes going to throw to punish them. you have to mix up your defence and offensive to easily beat them. If they see you have a weakness to body shots they gonna abuse it if you dont change your gameplan.

So making 90% of my strikes uppercuts isn’t enough?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-09-2018, 08:01 PM   #39
MVP

Trillz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshly Baked Gregg
So making 90% of my strikes uppercuts isn’t enough?

if you catch them ducking its normally a instarock so i dont see the problem.
Old 04-09-2018, 08:54 PM   #40
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillz
if you catch them ducking its normally a instarock so i dont see the problem.

It’s VERY hard to time. I think the situation would be better if rock stamina loss is increased, so that you aren’t at a stamina disadvantage due to the body shots.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »