Home

This patch.

This is a discussion on This patch. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2018, 06:24 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: This patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paledude45
- A smart sway spammer will read your body shots and that won't prevent them from ducking uppercutting, which will be even worse because going to the body and eating uppercuts is even worse.

- A sway spammer who is constantly mixing up sways and ducks will duck your head kick and hook you to death. Also, body kicks are just asking to get parry countered and rocked.

Honestly, I'm happy with the stamina. Before this patch when I got rocked I basically gave up because my stamina was GONE, and especially against a sway spammer it was useless. The big issue that needs to be addressed is sway spamming, it's absolutely still a thing in this game and a chore to play against. As if this game isn't already a back and forth rock fest, if they re-introduce that MASSIVE stamina penalty on rocks, we're going to have a lot of fights where we're fatigued zombies by the third and fifth rounds.
The thing is the stamina tax just needed some tuning. They basically almost removed it altogether. As for smart spammers. Yes you are correct, so you have to not be predictable. Also that's why you only go for one shots to the body, for ex: body jabs or body straights. They nerfed em now. They come out slower, so it's harder to even go for single shots.

On head kicks and body kicks, that's why I said sometimes. It's not always an option especially if they're good. Unless you have perfect timing. You have to mix things up and once again, not be predictable. I still don't agree on the stamina tax changes, it just needed tuning imo. The sway spam is ridiculous I definitely agree. If they didn't make the back lunge harder this wouldn't be too much of an issue because you would be able to keep your distance more. Now it's near impossible, even throwing jabs at them won't slow them down like it should. So you have to basically fight in the pocket again.
Old 03-18-2018, 06:29 PM   #10
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
The issue is the swaying/rocks not the stamina tax.

If you get rocked 3-5 times you should be a zombie lol
Exactly this. We need the stamina tax back and just tweaked.
I have confidence that once they fix the back lunge, add free flowing combos even when slipped like MartialMind had talked about, and maybe introduce a push or backpedal, this won't be a problem anymore.

Edit: In the beta the free flowing combos after being slipped were sorta there.

Last edited by Stealthhh; 03-18-2018 at 06:35 PM.
Old 03-18-2018, 07:12 PM   #11
Rookie

Totally agree with OP. I felt like stamina took a step back, but couldn't quite put a finger on why.

I really hope they change this back. I get people were probably crying about losing stamina on knockdowns, but hear me on this EA it is important:

People that cry about everything, and top 100 ranked people are the ones who will make 95% of the noise on here and you keep catering to them.

People who enjoy the game, the other 98% of the player base isn't on here complaining all the time. I really hope you stop changing the game to those who are the minority all the time. In my opinion this more than anything is what has created so much churn within this franchise.

Change stamina back, please!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2018, 07:18 PM   #12
Rookie

What's up with the seasons in online ufc ea ranked ?
Old 03-20-2018, 06:06 AM   #13
Rookie

Cannot stand this s*** any longer. At this point, I am literally fed the hell up. You are literally rewarding garbage for swaying INTO a shot. No stamina isn't the problem. It's swaying. You can side sway into my shot an I hook you for minimal damage and then you throw one right back, ROCK. You can duck, I uppercut minimal damage, but be damn you throw a ducking uppercut back, ROCK.

The issue is the consistency and this creates a LOW SKILL GAP. UFC 2 had a significantly higher skill gap. This is the issue I have.

It's getting ridiculous at this point. If you be consistent on people taking massive damage on SWAYING INTO A SHOT, that FIXES IT. It is no need for some stupid tax drain which would not even be important. Fix the consistency. I would have ZERO problem with swaying if you made them get rocked when they sway into a shot or give me a massive damage bonus. Not let them eat a shot then since they swayed THEY get the damage bonus. Seriously just respond to me already GPD or someone, because I want to know what's going on this matter. This is literally how you will fix this.

A good game will always be ROCK, PAPER, SCISSORS algorithm. That is the basis of almost any balanced game you will play.
Old 03-20-2018, 06:54 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 4

From everything I have experienced and read, stamina is right at where it needs to be, but the sways are producing rocks despite tearing someone up from bell to bell. They sway and hook or duck and uppercut - instant rock...fighting guys nowadays that do NOTHING but sway and duck their way to power counters without any stamina tax. If anything sways should have a slight stamina tax imo. You can't dance like Naseem Hamed all fight and not get tired.
Old 03-20-2018, 07:23 AM   #15
Banned

The knockdown stamina drain is realistic the problem is the game is still too broken to make it realistic. Players throwing combo after combo after combo like Mortal Kombat. I thought we wanted to go away from arcade gaming. Don't get my name mistaken I grew up with MK I don't play these arcade games much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2018, 07:24 AM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4889
From everything I have experienced and read, stamina is right at where it needs to be.
Not even close.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »