Home

Do people just want to get rid of all defensive options?

This is a discussion on Do people just want to get rid of all defensive options? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2018, 11:36 AM   #9
Rookie

Nekrotik's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Do people just want to get rid of all defensive options?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AydinDubstep
Ducking head kicks is a problem because the AI resorts to it heavily *before the latest patch, haven't played enough of the latest one to comment* and would counter off it stopping fights dead in their tracks via an awkward looking uppercut KO as your fighter spun around. It totally removes the immersion. If someone ducks a head kick, they need to be bending at the waist far down not squatting.

A player might duck a kick once every few fights.

The AI can do is consistently every fight with non-counter striker fighters.

Hence why I wanted ducking kick gone.

Much prefer them to use:
- Block
- Sway back (when at range)
- Lunges
- Side footwork
- Counter with faster shots

That said, whatever tweaks SKYNET did recently, the AI actually makes you whiff but doesn't counter every time on hard, which is nice. Or they throw a body / leg shot.

The problem is, I play realistically, the AI does the same, then suddenly out of nowhere they'll duck my kick and get a flash uppercut KO. It feels like cheese and ruins the build up / flow.

This is much more of an AI problem than a game balance problem.
If you nerf ducking head kicks in single player, you give head kick spammers more power in multiplayer.

AI should be adjusted if anything, not ducking.
Old 03-19-2018, 11:37 AM   #10
MVP

Side note - other defensive options I want added:
- Faster teep, & slightly longer range, off front foot when planted.
- Pushing when close. If a guy is in your face and you can't clinch, push him away UFC 3 style.
- Measuring. Sticking your hand out to gauge distance. Happy for it to be the same animation as glove touch, for now.
- Side block added to more fighters, Nick Diaz in particular.
- More nuanced head movement, so it's closer to your thumb movements, especially from 0 to 50.
- Easier clinch initiation up close, especially off punches. Perhaps even catching punches UFC 3 style or by smothering them.
- Strong block vs weak block. Pump the block button as the punch or kick comes and you mitigate more of the damage. Just hold down block and bleed through is greater.
- Reworked lunge animations. Something looks off about them currently.
- Sweeps. New animations, very low kick which tries to off balance the opponent.

Last edited by AydinDubstep; 03-19-2018 at 11:40 AM.
Old 03-19-2018, 12:05 PM   #11
Banned

Zeta Reticulan1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliojin
Vulnerability to takedown and a clinch are two of the best defensive tools. And they have decided to difficult them and give less points to ground fighting.
These need a buff definitely.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2018, 01:26 PM   #12
Rookie

Improve footwork options and the stand up game will open up on the feet.

It’s still basically rock-em sock-em robots in a lot of ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-19-2018, 02:14 PM   #13
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekrotik
I don't see it as a problem. If you play conservatively, head movement spammers are super easy to destroy. I fought 5 or 6 of them last night, and the fights were comically 1-sided in my favor. I'm not very good at the game either.

Head movement spam is only a problem if you overcommit to throwing combos. If you pick your shots, use feints, and...you know...use the game mechanics, you can easily beat head movement spammers.
Combo spam is a bigger problem IMO.

I don't spam head movement either, I use it occasionally when someone throws a combo over and over, and I block the first 2-3 strikes before slipping and countering.

From what I'm seeing, again, people are complaining about basically not being able to run in and throw endless nonstop strikes without them being defended. People are losing fights and instead of adapting and trying to figure out how to play the game, they just come on here and complain when their play style doesn't win them fights.
That's simply not the case. Not to derail the thread but we have a 90+ page going already talking about it.

I fight conservatively and i get koed for throwing jabs. Head movement is still the #1 problem.
Old 03-19-2018, 02:45 PM   #14
MVP

I look at this thread and others and all I see is a bunch of people that struggle with particular issues and want the issues they struggle with fixed.

I still can’t believe I’m seeing “combo spam” as a complaint. Please, spam combos against me.

Overall, the game is in a better place than before. However, dropped lunge inputs and head movement spam are the number one issues. The later being the most important.

Lunges don’t escape body punches the way they should and head movement is still much too effective as a combo entry. Head movement should be defense first, offense second. If you come moving forward only using those stupid looking sways that I see coming from a mile away, I should be able to mollywop you easily. Currently, it’s a 60/40 chance that I will and I think the tuner set to be released is going to solve this issue. Really you guys are just feeling the noose tighten around your necks in that regard.

If you pull from experience fighting the top 10 in ranked and being ranked in the top 10 on ESFL, you get called an elitist. But I’m supposed to respect these complaints coming from guys who can’t break out of the 1400’s or, even worse, only play UT?

I invite anyone on Xbox to come play with me. You don’t have to win, but if you show me a respectable skill set then I’m much more inclined to believe that you know something I don’t.

When Kenetic or game changers say something, I listen. Because I know they have a vast wealth of resources and knowledge of mechanics. To be truthful, I look at this and scoff. But I’m sure that’s no surprise to anyone here. I haven’t made it a secret.

Old 03-19-2018, 04:01 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
I look at this thread and others and all I see is a bunch of people that struggle with particular issues and want the issues they struggle with fixed.

I still can’t believe I’m seeing “combo spam” as a complaint. Please, spam combos against me.

Overall, the game is in a better place than before. However, dropped lunge inputs and head movement spam are the number one issues. The later being the most important.

Lunges don’t escape body punches the way they should and head movement is still much too effective as a combo entry. Head movement should be defense first, offense second. If you come moving forward only using those stupid looking sways that I see coming from a mile away, I should be able to mollywop you easily. Currently, it’s a 60/40 chance that I will and I think the tuner set to be released is going to solve this issue. Really you guys are just feeling the noose tighten around your necks in that regard.

If you pull from experience fighting the top 10 in ranked and being ranked in the top 10 on ESFL, you get called an elitist. But I’m supposed to respect these complaints coming from guys who can’t break out of the 1400’s or, even worse, only play UT?

I invite anyone on Xbox to come play with me. You don’t have to win, but if you show me a respectable skill set then I’m much more inclined to believe that you know something I don’t.

When Kenetic or game changers say something, I listen. Because I know they have a vast wealth of resources and knowledge of mechanics. To be truthful, I look at this and scoff. But I’m sure that’s no surprise to anyone here. I haven’t made it a secret.

PM me your gamertag
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2018, 04:03 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
PM me your gamertag

I’ll just hand it out to all.

LemusKhan

I’ll be on in a couple hours.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »