Home

I haven't once seen anyone do this

This is a discussion on I haven't once seen anyone do this within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2018, 10:15 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: I haven't once seen anyone do this

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitfistssaipailo
But jab spam it might just work ...haven't tried it outside practice tho

Sent from my Infinix Zero 4 using Tapatalk
Side lunges are straight for anyone bad enough to spam straight punches

The inability to cancel them like you could in UFC 2 makes them crappy
Old 03-20-2018, 12:29 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Side lunges are straight for anyone bad enough to spam straight punches

The inability to cancel them like you could in UFC 2 makes them crappy
I get what you're saying, I don't use the advanced lunges nearly as much as I use the basic lunges because of the fact there's that delay where you can't strike. But basic lunges are effective especially since you can keep your block up while doing it. When it makes them whiff you are in their face able to throw back and they don't even know why they missed. Remember I'm saying basic lunges, no modifier held.

Last edited by SxxthPxw; 03-20-2018 at 12:57 PM.
Old 03-20-2018, 01:12 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SxxthPxw
I get what you're saying, I don't use the advanced lunges nearly as much as I use the basic lunges because of the fact there's that delay where you can't strike. But basic lunges are effective especially since you can keep your block up while doing it. When it makes them whiff you are in their face able to throw back and they don't even know why they missed. Remember I'm saying basic lunges, no modifier held.
Yeah I know them. They were way better last year because you could instantly cancel into a strike which would help create different angles.

Now there’s more delay due to the recovery frames and you still have to watch out for hooks/ducking uppercuts if you fire back.

I’ve gassed some dudes out that spam 1-2 by using them. It just doesnt work when someone is crowding and swaying
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2018, 02:08 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Yeah I know them. They were way better last year because you could instantly cancel into a strike which would help create different angles.

Now there’s more delay due to the recovery frames and you still have to watch out for hooks/ducking uppercuts if you fire back.

I’ve gassed some dudes out that spam 1-2 by using them. It just doesnt work when someone is crowding and swaying
Everything on this game is just less responsive. I mean I can't understand how you can go from ufc 2 to this.

The advanced lunge was at least more responsive but now its nerfed to **** too and only dodges the first body shot.

I always preferred lunges over parries or sways but in this game its all about marching forward hook spamming.

All this "frame" talk is stupid. The movements, speed, and all other things should have been stat based.

No lightweight should have 100 power for example, that should be the stat cap for heavyweight only. Just like no heavyweight should have 100 speed, their speed cap should be like 80 or something like that. But a bantamweight for example should definitely be able to have a 100 speed but max power probably like 70.

Thats how you make weight classes feel different rather than making them more sluggish.
Old 03-20-2018, 02:23 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA Damage
Everything on this game is just less responsive. I mean I can't understand how you can go from ufc 2 to this.

The advanced lunge was at least more responsive but now its nerfed to **** too and only dodges the first body shot.

I always preferred lunges over parries or sways but in this game its all about marching forward hook spamming.

All this "frame" talk is stupid. The movements, speed, and all other things should have been stat based.

No lightweight should have 100 power for example, that should be the stat cap for heavyweight only. Just like no heavyweight should have 100 speed, their speed cap should be like 80 or something like that. But a bantamweight for example should definitely be able to have a 100 speed but max power probably like 70.

Thats how you make weight classes feel different rather than making them more sluggish.
That is how it works tho. I think the start up difference is overexaggerated.

The frame talk makes a lot of sense as does vulnerability. I just think some of the stuff was misapplied.

As much as I’ve been complaining lately I know this game is soo close to being a masterpiece.
Old 03-20-2018, 02:44 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:

The frame talk makes a lot of sense as does vulnerability. I just think some of the stuff was misapplied.

As much as I’ve been complaining lately I know this game is soo close to being a masterpiece.

Far from close when you can't even get the controls right.

I've never played a game with such input delay. Then they actually make something somewhat better and then make it worse again.

"Queuing strikes" in a combo is a term I've only heard in this game. "Frame advantage" is also something I've only heard in this game.

UFC 2 had its problems but this is way worse. We removed freeflow striking, stun combos, and parries for Tekken combos and ridiculous sway system that also freezes you when they slip your strikes like it was a parry.

This is 2 years of "work" on one aspect of the game, yet the whole game feels less responsive and this one aspect of the game is broken and its pretty obvious it is to everyone but the devs.
Old 03-20-2018, 06:08 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:

I agree, this game is so far ahead of UFC 2 and the comparison is silly. I feel this game will soon be recognized for the depth it offers, and the devs work hard at trying to cater to everyones feedback.

Footwork is good, but with tuning and more freedom of input during certain footwork, it would be near perfect really.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2018, 07:05 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SxxthPxw
I agree, this game is so far ahead of UFC 2 and the comparison is silly. I feel this game will soon be recognized for the depth it offers, and the devs work hard at trying to cater to everyones feedback.

Footwork is good, but with tuning and more freedom of input during certain footwork, it would be near perfect really.
I agree, the game does have mad potential over UFC 2. However I haven't been able to bring myself to play since they nerfed stamina penalty on knockdowns.

Just been lurking in here once and a while hoping someone will say they fixed it. :-/

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »