Home

I haven't once seen anyone do this

This is a discussion on I haven't once seen anyone do this within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2018, 03:50 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
I haven't once seen anyone do this

Am I the only person that uses basic side lunges to avoid jabs/straights/uppers? If I see someone duck to uppercut me, unless I can make it miss with range, I simply flick the left stick to the outside (up or down) and the upper whiffs leaving me inside to fire back. This is without L1 or LB held and done while blocking.

If someone is keeping a jab in my face, instead of risking with a sway to counter every time, I basic lunge side to side and make it miss while still being able to block. Again without L1 or LB held. This also gasses them.

When I see people advanced lunging off the cage with the right stick I kinda giggle inside. You can block and advanced lunge using the left stick but most people are never taught that I guess.

Footwork isn't broken, it's just never used properly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2018, 04:00 AM   #2
MVP

Re: I haven't once seen anyone do this

Hmmm for real

Sent from my Infinix Zero 4 using Tapatalk
Old 03-20-2018, 04:04 AM   #3
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SxxthPxw
Am I the only person that uses basic side lunges to avoid jabs/straights/uppers? If I see someone duck to uppercut me, unless I can make it miss with range, I simply flick the left stick to the outside (up or down) and the upper whiffs leaving me inside to fire back. This is without L1 or LB held and done while blocking.

If someone is keeping a jab in my face, instead of risking with a sway to counter every time, I basic lunge side to side and make it miss while still being able to block. Again without L1 or LB held. This also gasses them.

When I see people advanced lunging off the cage with the right stick I kinda giggle inside. You can block and advanced lunge using the left stick but most people are never taught that I guess.

Try using a fighter with mediocre footwork stat against a good player using a fighter with a high footwork stat.

I'm not saying footwork is broken, but it's not balanced.
Old 03-20-2018, 04:15 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Try using a fighter with mediocre footwork stat against a good player using a fighter with a high footwork stat.

I'm not saying footwork is broken, but it's not balanced.
I have and do use fighters with lower footwork stats. If anything I think the gap should be more noticeable, I assume that's what you mean too? As in making wonder boy harder to chase down.

If you mean anything else, sorry I took you wrong and would love to hear what you think is wrong with it
Old 03-20-2018, 04:35 AM   #5
MVP

Jesus it works ...it works it's not perfect tho but it works .

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2018, 06:43 AM   #6
Banned

Left stick lunges aren't anywhere near as responsive as the advanced ones.
Old 03-20-2018, 06:57 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SxxthPxw

I use all of this and it doesnt work against a pressure swayer.

The lunges arent responsive enough and you cNt cancel them into anything. Sways get canceled into other sways/strikes effortlessly. Lunges can be chained into each other if spammed after a certain point in the animation but you still cant cancel into strikes.

Footwork sucks. Distance management sucks. Head movement sucks.
Old 03-20-2018, 10:04 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
I use all of this and it doesnt work against a pressure swayer.

The lunges arent responsive enough and you cNt cancel them into anything. Sways get canceled into other sways/strikes effortlessly. Lunges can be chained into each other if spammed after a certain point in the animation but you still cant cancel into strikes.

Footwork sucks. Distance management sucks. Head movement sucks.
But jab spam it might just work ...haven't tried it outside practice tho

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »