Home

Circle out animations

This is a discussion on Circle out animations within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2018, 03:41 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Circle out animations

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Anything after this is irrelevant. You pretty much tossed the OP's point to the side and started in on your own agenda. You can have your opinion on issues, but don't hijack someone else's thread to express it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
You don't even play the game and judging from your response, you don't even know they're related. Nice 👍👍👍
Old 03-21-2018, 03:47 PM   #10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceberg3445
I would argue that footwork doesn’t mean **** bc players can’t exit the pocket to avoid combo spammers.

Lunges are good for boxing inside the pocket, just like head movement. But other than the backward lunge, there’s no way to exit the pocket and move out of the way of shots.

If we could circle out, we could at least move away from punches, gas our opponent’s temp stamina via a missed combo, and reposition to throw a strike/combo of our own.
Exactly my point. More animations would be nice but really don't matter when the actual footwork and outside fighting is broken in this game. So it'd be a new animation just for looks at this point. No matter what you do or who you fight, pretty much anybody can walk you down right now.
Old 03-21-2018, 03:50 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA Damage
Exactly my point. More animations would be nice but really don't matter when the actual footwork and outside fighting is broken in this game. So it'd be a new animation just for looks at this point. No matter what you do or who you fight, pretty much anybody can walk you down right now.

I’m saying we need new animations that are not just for looks, but for functionality.

It would allow players to actually create space (by circling out or backpedaling) at the cost of stamina. Not just a short lunge.

I haven’t thought of a way to incorporate it into the control scheme, but I’d imagine it can’t be that hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2018, 03:58 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
I’m saying we need new animations that are not just for looks, but for functionality.

It would allow players to actually create space (by circling out or backpedaling) at the cost of stamina. Not just a short lunge.

I haven’t thought of a way to incorporate it into the control scheme, but I’d imagine it can’t be that hard.

Lb + LS for advanced movement like sidesteps for sideways, circling steps for diagonals which are slightly quicker than holding forward but cost stamina, mvmt rating determines speed and stamina of this.
Old 03-21-2018, 04:00 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:

That would be great, I don't disagree at all. The devs do judging from the nerf to lunges and reduced stamina tax on whiffed strikes.

Some fights in real life turn out to suck cuz guys "run" or both counter strikers and just don't really engage much. Then we have those wars like Manuwa/Blacowhitz the other day. We should be able to play to our liking. Not forced to just sit in the pocket throwing bombs till one can't continue every single fight.
Old 03-21-2018, 04:20 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA Damage
That would be great, I don't disagree at all. The devs do judging from the nerf to lunges and reduced stamina tax on whiffed strikes.

Some fights in real life turn out to suck cuz guys "run" or both counter strikers and just don't really engage much. Then we have those wars like Manuwa/Blacowhitz the other day. We should be able to play to our liking. Not forced to just sit in the pocket throwing bombs till one can't continue every single fight.

Exactly! Plus, the stamina cost associated with circling/backpedaling would hopefully prevent abuse.

Often times, it’s smart to exit the pocket, reset, and throw kicks from the outside. Plus this would allow players to actually play like Wonderboy fights irl

Old 03-21-2018, 04:22 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCB x Finlay
Lb + LS for advanced movement like sidesteps for sideways, circling steps for diagonals which are slightly quicker than holding forward but cost stamina, mvmt rating determines speed and stamina of this.

That’s a simple and intuitive way to incorporate this footwork into the controls.

The advanced lunge could be changed to just Lb + “flicking” LS

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2018, 04:26 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
That’s a simple and intuitive way to incorporate this footwork into the controls.

The advanced lunge could be changed to just Lb + “flicking” LS

Im not sure if i like flicking down to consitancy

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »