Home

Outside/point fighting or movement in general?

This is a discussion on Outside/point fighting or movement in general? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2018, 01:13 AM   #65
EA Game Changer

ZombieRommel's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Outside/point fighting or movement in general?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCB x Finlay
I keep getting a freeze befrore i used it and am vulnerable to forward moving stirkes.
The frames for the back lunge were changed in a recent patch. There was a cosmetic issue going on that made it look funky, but the frame alteration changed the lunge utility for the worse. I've been talking to the devs and trying to get them to revert this change or at least get it to some kind of middle ground.

For right now, make sure you're lunging with the LEFT stick while blocking. The right stick lunge seems to have worse frames for some reason. As in, I get hit out of it way more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2018, 08:42 AM   #66
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieRommel
The frames for the back lunge were changed in a recent patch. There was a cosmetic issue going on that made it look funky, but the frame alteration changed the lunge utility for the worse. I've been talking to the devs and trying to get them to revert this change or at least get it to some kind of middle ground.

For right now, make sure you're lunging with the LEFT stick while blocking. The right stick lunge seems to have worse frames for some reason. As in, I get hit out of it way more.
Thanks i shall keep that in mind.
Old 03-25-2018, 03:15 PM   #67
Banned

i think they made a huge oversight not allowing us to do a 180 degree half circle. body kicks are too slow which creates the spam environment
Old 03-26-2018, 09:53 AM   #68
MVP

Still waiting on a successful clip. Anyone, just a clip of you outside fighting realistically.
Old 03-27-2018, 07:38 PM   #69
MVP

New patch and tuner haven't fixed the situation, lunge still gets caught with hooks and uppercuts. Plus no stamina tax for rocks/knockdowns. Lunge's still take far too much stamina
Old 03-27-2018, 07:55 PM   #70
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Its impossible to point/outside fight online in the current version of the game. Even with guys with high movement stats. Even with guys with a long reach. Anyone who says differently is either lying or hasnt faced anyone who just pushes forward non-stop.

There are ways to fight against someone pushing forward but none of them involve fighting from the outside or using movement to stay outside.

I've talked to the devs about this and they have a few ideas about how to fix this. Problem is I cant and dont know when those fixes are coming. Also, the devs and many people in the community (online ranked players primarily) are concerned that buffing movement too much could turn the primary meta to running. In fact, some were claiming that was the case before the back lunge frame change that happened last month.

It sucks for online players who fight outside though. When I saw what happened to the back lunge last patch, I just stopped playing online and focused on playing offline (which I'm having a blast doing). Alot of sim players dont care about offline though and they just want to be able to play in a variety of ways whether its inside or outside. Right now that just isnt possible.
we only need two things to fix this. 180 degree circle out animation and increased body kick speed and damage. they left out basic footwork
Old 03-27-2018, 07:57 PM   #71
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieRommel

please zombie fight for a circle out animation as its the most basic footwork in outside fighting
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2018, 09:18 PM   #72
Banned

Sooo

I actually found out how to consistently create space and circle in this game.

Loving every second of it.

Im gonna try it out in quick match and then ranked

It has absolutely nothing to do with the trash lunges lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »