Home

"stalking" animation idea (video inside)

This is a discussion on "stalking" animation idea (video inside) within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2018, 06:55 PM   #1
Rookie

MysticJack541's Arena

OVR: 0
"stalking" animation idea (video inside)

I was messing around sprinting towards my opponents when I noticed this animation occurs when you get low on stamina. It's almost like stutter stepping towards your opponent, taking short but rapid steps, or what I call "stalking".
Khabib,RDA, sometimes DC will do something similar when pressuring their opponents. I really like this animation, and was wondering how it could be incorporated as it's own separate animation. This would be extremely useful in situations where your opponent is on the backfoot and you have them hurt and moving away. I would also love an animation like this that allows you to move backwards and gain distance over your opponent. What do you guys think?

(to make things clear, i'm talking about the animation that occurs at the tail end of the sprint animation when stamina starts to get low) The GIF below is an example (sorry it's huge)

Last edited by MysticJack541; 03-21-2018 at 07:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2018, 03:00 AM   #2
Pro

Re: "stalking" animation idea (video inside)

I'd say it would be a better default animation for a player who just rocked their opponent to enter, rather than default to sprinting.

This way you are still going faster than usual and clearly going after your opponent, but you can throw strikes normally rather than the sprinting strikes. Of course sprinting would still be an option, you would just have to do it manually like normal.
Old 03-22-2018, 03:43 AM   #3
Rookie

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...d.php?t=928920

Would be a damn fine add-on to move how you want to :- 1tactical pace 2walk 3pivot- front back side circular triangular lateral movement.
Guess how it would make the standup more dynamic.
Sent from my Moto G (4) using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by bram; 03-22-2018 at 03:52 AM.
Old 03-22-2018, 04:26 AM   #4
Rookie

MysticJack541's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinfarcements
I'd say it would be a better default animation for a player who just rocked their opponent to enter, rather than default to sprinting.

This way you are still going faster than usual and clearly going after your opponent, but you can throw strikes normally rather than the sprinting strikes. Of course sprinting would still be an option, you would just have to do it manually like normal.
I agree that it would be better than the current auto-sprint we have when rocked, but I would love to be able to do it whenever we want. It would be great for pressure fighters, but on the flip side they would have to add one for backward movement as well to balance it out. Also improving the lunge animations on top of that would make the locomotion so much better then it is now. Being able to cut angles, and fight at either distance or inside the pocket, because right now it is way to easy to pressure and not nearly as easy to keep range.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »