Home

Cpu monitor helping with "input lag"?

This is a discussion on Cpu monitor helping with "input lag"? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2018, 09:38 PM   #17
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Cpu monitor helping with "input lag"?

I know Game Mode makes a considerable difference. So I guess fast monitors do, too.
Old 03-22-2018, 11:20 PM   #18
MVP

A monitor def helped with denials in UFC 2.

However I still think there is a issue in the engine somewhere that occasionally causes what feels like input lag but I'd almost more call desync of sorts.

Basically, this happens offline often. I'll be having a regular old fight. No issues with input registry, then maybe one of us gets stunned or something causes the fight to devolve into a brawl, this is where it happens.

Generally we will both throw 2+ punch combos in the pocket, and every now and then, when I go to put my guard up after a combo my fighter will sway, or throw a random strike (usually a leg kick) despite the fact I haven't loaded that strike or sway up.

At first I thought it must've been something I was doing, but last night I literally held block against the cage while the AI wailed on me and didn't press ANYTHING and my fighter swayed at one point and later in the fight threw a straight. Despite no input being entered except R2.

It's happened with multiple controllers, so it isn't that, and it's happened on both base ps4 and ps4 pro.. I think It's definitely part of the feeling of input lag we get occasionally.

The fact it only happens in big exchanges makes me think its some background sim issue though.
Old 03-23-2018, 01:48 AM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroZeppelin27
A monitor def helped with denials in UFC 2.

However I still think there is a issue in the engine somewhere that occasionally causes what feels like input lag but I'd almost more call desync of sorts.

Basically, this happens offline often. I'll be having a regular old fight. No issues with input registry, then maybe one of us gets stunned or something causes the fight to devolve into a brawl, this is where it happens.

Generally we will both throw 2+ punch combos in the pocket, and every now and then, when I go to put my guard up after a combo my fighter will sway, or throw a random strike (usually a leg kick) despite the fact I haven't loaded that strike or sway up.

At first I thought it must've been something I was doing, but last night I literally held block against the cage while the AI wailed on me and didn't press ANYTHING and my fighter swayed at one point and later in the fight threw a straight. Despite no input being entered except R2.

It's happened with multiple controllers, so it isn't that, and it's happened on both base ps4 and ps4 pro.. I think It's definitely part of the feeling of input lag we get occasionally.

The fact it only happens in big exchanges makes me think its some background sim issue though.
This is really interesting and needs to be looked into. I've had a kick come out randomly one time even after my block came back up after an exchange.
Old 03-23-2018, 10:06 AM   #20
MVP

chia's Arena

OVR: 5

I've been testing every setting on my new Samsung tv (no gaming mode specifically) and playing Single Player UT and it's not registering denials worth a flip. But hey must be online lag right??? SMFH
Old 03-23-2018, 11:54 AM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chia
I've been testing every setting on my new Samsung tv (no gaming mode specifically) and playing Single Player UT and it's not registering denials worth a flip. But hey must be online lag right??? SMFH

They moved the game mode feature in Samsung TV’s since my last one. This tv is around 6 months old, and the game mode setting is shown in the pic, if that helps! IMG_4976.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2018, 01:12 PM   #22
MVP

chia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggo packer
They moved the game mode feature in Samsung TV’s since my last one. This tv is around 6 months old, and the game mode setting is shown in the pic, if that helps! Attachment 148129

Going to try that right now. Gracias.
Old 03-23-2018, 04:46 PM   #23
MVP

chia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggo packer
They moved the game mode feature in Samsung TV’s since my last one. This tv is around 6 months old, and the game mode setting is shown in the pic, if that helps! Attachment 148129

Game Mode didn't help and it made the game look horrible so I switched it back but thanks for the heads up. Guess this input lag is here to stay. Neat game *two thumbs up*
Old 06-06-2019, 09:09 AM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
I was particularly stressing over this topic the past few days. LOL. glad I found this thread. thanks for sharing!

I would also like to share an interesting read that I found on google https://thewiredshopper.com/best-gaming-monitors/ which kinda features the monitors of 2019 especially for gaming.

Last edited by Mitchie23; 06-16-2019 at 02:49 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »