Home

Tips for Range Management?

This is a discussion on Tips for Range Management? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2018, 06:02 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Tips for Range Management?

Does anyone have any tips for this? How do you constantly keep people on the end of your punches?

Most fights I see online it’s usally one guy throws an advancing combo, backs up and the other guy follows him with an advancing combo.

How do you guys consistently keep a range where you don’t need to risk advancing into a stationary sway counter?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2018, 06:26 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Tips for Range Management?

Quote:
Originally Posted by l The Spider l
Does anyone have any tips for this? How do you constantly keep people on the end of your punches?

Most fights I see online it’s usally one guy throws an advancing combo, backs up and the other guy follows him with an advancing combo.

How do you guys consistently keep a range where you don’t need to risk advancing into a stationary sway counter?
You need to pick angles with feints, footwork, head movement, stanch switch. Head out of center line, learn to move at every single direction,keep him guessing with rhythm changes/different pace on movement & focus more on movement than striking and make him gas out.

Last edited by Dankoz; 03-23-2018 at 06:30 AM.
Old 03-23-2018, 06:39 AM   #3
Rookie

I do all of that mostly but I’m looking for something a bit more in depth like specific scenarios
Old 03-23-2018, 07:38 AM   #4
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

You have to also know when to strike in different directions that will let you escape the pressure. Like when to use a backward moving strike or a strike to a certain side. Like for example if your back is getting close to the fence you could use a strike moving left/right instead of a lunge. Obviously you won't be able to keep distance forever, but these stuff will help you escape the pocket most times.

Last edited by WarMMA; 03-23-2018 at 07:43 AM.
Old 03-23-2018, 09:27 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by l The Spider l

I'm not sure if you watched my fight..last night but i thought i did a pretty good job keep distance when i wanted to.

tough loss for you but your counter take down defense was on point!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2018, 12:09 PM   #6
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

I spam backdash.
Old 03-23-2018, 12:19 PM   #7
Rookie

I guess the way I’ve worded this was misleading.

What I’m referring to is not creating distance or staying distance really, it’s more about staying at the perfect punching distance and maintaining it.

Most fights as you all know whether phone booth fights or distance fights people just glide in and out of range for no reason

How do you find the sweet spot and stay there?
Old 03-23-2018, 12:23 PM   #8
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

I played someone really goodat that last night, caught me off guard. Probably should have saved video.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »