Home

Ducking doesn't give GA anymore!!!

This is a discussion on Ducking doesn't give GA anymore!!! within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2018, 03:38 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Ducking doesn't give GA anymore!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jettosu134408
Not having the ducking takedown is going to make alot of the top guys mad.... i hate the ducking takedown but in a way i understand their frustration... i learned the game when it came out and was working my way up the top 100... then patch one and two came i had to re-learn the game and now i cant touch the top 100... the games been out for 3 months and i feel like it has been 3 different games...

**** is frustrating when you play ranked, Get good, and then get your legs swept out from under you with a new patch/new game...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Just to be clear before i get ripped apart for that post. Im not saying the game was made worse by the patches. Im saying i learned to play the game one way and had a style that was working and then had to change not once but twice... wish i would have just not touched ranked until after the first few patches....

Old 03-27-2018, 03:41 PM   #18
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Just to be clear before i get ripped apart for that post. Im not saying the game was made worse by the patches. Im saying i learned to play the game one way and had a style that was working and then had to change not once but twice... wish i would have just not touched ranked until after the first few patches....

I fully understand the frustration.

I'm not sure what the best balance is between improving the game and leaving it alone.

Currently going hard to try and improve it as much as possible because that seems like the best thing for the game and the community. But maybe that's wrong.

Is a fresh meta a good thing that keeps the game interesting? Or a frustrating exercise in re-learning the meta too often?

What's the right balance?
Old 03-27-2018, 03:42 PM   #19
MVP

Ranked should have the ability to have multiple records like UT.
Old 03-27-2018, 03:44 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
I fully understand the frustration.

I'm not sure what the best balance is between improving the game and leaving it alone.

Currently going hard to try and improve it as much as possible because that seems like the best thing for the game and the community. But maybe that's wrong.

Is a fresh meta a good thing that keeps the game interesting? Or a frustrating exercise in re-learning the meta too often?

What's the right balance?
I dont have an answer for you man lol. Im glad you guys take feedback seriously and make an attempt to make the best game possible even after release... rarely do devs ever do this especially to the extent of you guys.

More just mad at myself that i didnt just wait lol...

Old 03-27-2018, 03:44 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
Ranked should have the ability to have multiple records like UT.
UT doesn't have multiple records.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2018, 03:45 PM   #22
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
I dont have an answer for you man lol. Im glad you guys take feedback seriously and make an attempt to make the best game possible even after release... rarely do devs ever do this especially to the extent of you guys.

More just mad at myself that i didnt just wait lol...

But what if we never stop, and just keep adding more features and tuning the game indefinitely.

Would you never want to play ranked?

Or would people happily accept having to deal with an evolving meta as part of what makes great players great?
Old 03-27-2018, 03:50 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
But what if we never stop, and just keep adding more features and tuning the game indefinitely.

Or would people happily accept having to deal with an evolving meta as part of what makes great players great?
The real top players are always going to be able to evolve and stay elite... i have always hovered around the top 100, but have never been an elite top 25 guy... youre never going to make everyone happy so i dont envy your job at all lol... i guess my opinion would be once it starts getting down to knit picking the gameplay IE (how much of a stamina tax a sway should have. How much GA a duck should give you) just leave it alone i guess.... at some point the meta needs to stay consistent...

Old 03-27-2018, 03:51 PM   #24
MVP

Quote:

Keep updating the game indefinitely Preferably the take-downs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »