Home

The online number of players for UFC 3 keeps going down every week.

This is a discussion on The online number of players for UFC 3 keeps going down every week. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2018, 09:14 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: The online number of players for UFC 3 keeps going down every week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
It has nothing to do with players like big c. I think it has something to do with the overwhelmingly toxic attitude of a huge portion of online players.
Judging from how toxic some communities of very popular games are I don’t think that usually prevents people from playing online if they enjoy something.

What they did to UT is probably a lot of what has kept people from getting latched on to the game. UFC 2 had one of the better implementations of the UT concept, but 3’s is really really bad. A lot of those people who got hooked on UT learned the game through it and played online ranked/unranked. Without that draw the game has a problem.

The game’s other problem isn’t it’s fault, but there has not been a mega event to remind casual fans that the UFC is a thing since release. No Jon Jones, no Rousey, no McGregor, none of those crossover faces that are going to get 2-3x the baseline number of people to buy a PPV and be reminded that EA UFC is a thing. I think the game has legs because it is overall good, and hopefully it can stay relevant until the next McG card (whenever that is) and get a boost from it.
Old 03-29-2018, 09:24 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 0

The game is just wack the ground is a lay n pray fest nobody even tries to transition, all the bottom does is spam submissions.
I haven't seen anyone posture up since 2 patches ago

The standup is all about hooking the bottom and trying to time the uppercut.

Not blocking headlock isn't dangerous

The game let's people endure way to much punishment in standup.

Theres still fighters missing obvious moves

75 percent of fighter are useless online

The stats aren't really accurate for most fighters

The clinch is the only thing balanced

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Old 03-29-2018, 09:44 AM   #19
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

I saw 11,000 people online last Saturday. Just saying.
Old 03-29-2018, 09:47 AM   #20
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
i think, its normal. it is similar to ea ufc2's pattern. but ufc2 had more ppl on UT. That's the difference.
This. UFC2's numbers didnt significantly rise until the huge price cuts and I'm not talking about the one they do for every EA Sports game a month after release.
Old 03-29-2018, 10:33 AM   #21
Rookie

I've tried to avoid being one of the negative players online until I could get over the learning curve from EA UFC 2, but sadly I think we can conclude that the game is a massive flop. The only way they will get this game off of life support is to lower the price to $20. Then we might get a few more months out of it.

Career mode is an improvement, but nothing that requires a second play through. Other then Career, there are no real options for offline players

They absolutely destroyed Ultimate Team. In my opinion it is completely unplayable.

So many of my online fights look like two epileptic break dancers going to battle due to the sway system. Just the appearance of that I think has turned off so many casual players (just look at the comments section of most youtube videos)

If it's not a terrible swaying fest, you are playing against ultra aggressive spammers who have figured out how to throw combos at you non-stop without losing stamina. Oh, and don't bother trying to shoot for a takedown, because they are nearly impossible to get against even average players.

STOP coming up with these elaborate control schemes for the sake of creating a "realistic" fighting simulation. This is a video game. We want video games to be fun. There is a reason people keep referencing Undisputed 3 as the best MMA game so far...It's because it was fun to play!

We live in a bubble on this forum. It may seem toxic, but the reality is most people are picking the game up, or watching videos of it, and just deciding to put it down and move on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2018, 10:34 AM   #22
MVP

I think it's a combination of a decrease in MMA popularity (fewer great cards recently than most years)

The game requiring many patches to fix things (even games like Kingdom come are suffering from this)

UT

and also EA's reputation being stained with the recent micro transaction scandal.

The game is improving but the fact that UD3 still has a lot of important concepts that have yet to be integrated into EA UFC 3 is kinda sad, there really should be no excuse for that.
Old 03-29-2018, 10:49 AM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
I’m starting to notice a trend with this game and the online number of players. Every time i turn on UFC 3 for Xbox or PS4 during the day or night there’s always less and less people playing.

Last night on Xbox i saw an all time low of 1,100 people. On PS4 it was 2,900. During the day (west coast) i only see around 4,500 people on Xbox and around 8,000 on PS4.

Right now on PS4 there’s only 3,700 people playing which kinda sucks and makes the matchmaking take forever.

I hope the community for this game grows over the next few months because this game is on life support way too soon.

Keep in mind in this games there are many people playing but you don,t know because they are "Offline" !!

Usually I,m one of them
Old 03-29-2018, 10:58 AM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexSavaliuc
there will no be a ufc 4 if this game dont starts selling more
Thousands of people are WAITING for a new BOXING (FNC 2) game since 2012, I,m one of them.

You want the money? made a Fight Night for Ps4 !!!

However I live UFC 3 !!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »