Home

EA UFC 3 is the dark souls of sports games

This is a discussion on EA UFC 3 is the dark souls of sports games within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2018, 05:08 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: EA UFC 3 is the dark souls of sports games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
I wish they had a TUF mode tutorial

Where as soon as you start you create your fighter and do some basic drills (while being evaluated by the coaches) then after being drafted you do more advanced drills/ sparring to go over everything.

It would also serve as a guide to help noobs find their skill level. Let it be skippable of course.

But this game really lacks a good tutorial.
I always liked Fight Night Champion's short career mode. The narrative was a fun-albeit-generic boxing story and the fights taught different concepts such as avoiding a fighter's signature strike or forcing a finish when you can't win on the scorecards. They also had the Legacy Mode which was just training minigames (that I did not personally like) and slowly climbing your way through the ranks against no-names until you finally face real fighters when you are ready. I think organically born war stories, such as your own fight trilogy against a guy who beat you the first time, are a lot more compelling than random forced rivalries and cutscene scuffles.

Also, can we please not do the whole Dark Souls of X thing? There are so many elements that make Dark Souls what it is other than the difficulty.
Old 03-29-2018, 06:39 PM   #18
MVP

ㅁ, △ = punches
X, O = kicks
what is hard to play? basics are very simple. the best simple game in the whole sports games. there is no rules, no fauls. you just hit to your opponent. advanced skills? how about FIFA's advanced skills? FIFA has over 100+ dribbling skills and passing skill. Nobody use all them. but we haven't called FIFA is the dark souls of sports game.
Old 03-29-2018, 06:44 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
ㅁ, △ = punches
X, O = kicks
what is hard to play? basics are very simple. the best simple game in the whole sports games. there is no rules, no fauls. you just hit to your opponent. advanced skills? how about FIFA's advanced skills? FIFA has over 100+ dribbling skills and passing skill. Nobody use all them. but we haven't called FIFA is the dark souls of sports game.
Lol good luck winning with that this game is all about the counters.This is the hardest and less friendly sport game ever,even arcade fight games are easier.You cant play this game with a friend even worst than ufc 2.It takes hours just to learn how to mix strights and hooks in a combo when you want.You dont have any control for the first days

Last edited by AlexSavaliuc; 03-29-2018 at 06:47 PM.
Old 03-29-2018, 07:32 PM   #20
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
ㅁ, △ = punches
X, O = kicks
what is hard to play? basics are very simple.
ah, so you'd actually teach a newbie just that and throw him in the cage?

I'd start with teaching him high block, low block and how the hell to get out of a takedown.

just saying
Old 03-29-2018, 07:59 PM   #21
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

What's the purpose of this thread? Outside of potentially bitching about issues that there are already multiple threads for?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2018, 08:09 PM   #22
MVP

if a newbie starting this game, he would be choice easiest difficulty against AI. ok lets start he only knowing throw punches and kicks. If AI shoot takedown to him and get it and then the game tell him exactly and directly about how to do block takedown on the screen. it is a tutorial. ground game and clinch, submission as well. What is hard to play for basic fighting? Have you played the other sports game as NBA2K, MADDEN NFL, NHL, THE SHOW? If a newbie want start these game, he has to learn a lot of rules, fauls, all positions. it beyond learn to controls. personally, i felt UFC franchises more easier than other sports games, if you play the game against AI. i think, you will be change your mind, if you play the game as TAKEEN or SF online.
Old 03-29-2018, 08:11 PM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
What's the purpose of this thread? Outside of potentially bitching about issues that there are already multiple threads for?

I think he is trying to say that the game is hard for a sport game...
Old 03-29-2018, 10:38 PM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1

We can curse?!?!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »