Home

Oblique Stomp Glitch

This is a discussion on Oblique Stomp Glitch within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2018, 04:48 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Oblique Stomp Glitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourFatZebra
Not saying that you should be literally able to check it.
The dude just shouldnt' be able to win the fight by only throwing that same strike. There's no actual defense to this tactic. Please, someone get a friend to help you with this if you don't believe me as I can't upload this clip at the moment, I'll have to show it later. But you can't realistically fight someone doing this to you. The guy only threw that strike and nothing else.
The defense is grappling, block, or evade.
Old 03-30-2018, 04:53 PM   #10
Rookie

YourFatZebra's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
Pretty much.

This is all I could find in a short search on checking straight kicks like oblique/side kicks etc.

Dude you're missing my point entirely.
I'm not saying that you should be able to LITERALLY CHECK the kick.
I'm just saying there needs to be some sort of defense other than low block causing that shuffle backwards because you can't attack from that and with the way vulnerability/blocking works in this game, someone only making themselves vulernable with an attack that renders you unable to counter just breaks the whole game down. Please, go try this in the game if you don't believe me. There are other posts on this board I just found about this same issue. One even saying the #3 ranked on PS4 i almost only using this.
Old 03-30-2018, 04:57 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourFatZebra
Dude you're missing my point entirely.
I'm not saying that you should be able to LITERALLY CHECK the kick.
I'm just saying there needs to be some sort of defense other than low block causing that shuffle backwards because you can't attack from that and with the way vulnerability/blocking works in this game, someone only making themselves vulernable with an attack that renders you unable to counter just breaks the whole game down. Please, go try this in the game if you don't believe me. There are other posts on this board I just found about this same issue. One even saying the #3 ranked on PS4 i almost only using this.
I am not disagreeing with you, I am just trying to suggest ways to deal with it in the meantime while asking for patch fixes.

You should ask for the ability to counter off that shuffle backwards if that is the case. But I know you can counter of the back lunge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2018, 05:10 PM   #12
MVP

The devs added vulnerability to this already in a recent patch. I was skeptical of this before and now I'm very skeptical.
Old 03-30-2018, 05:23 PM   #13
Just started!

Dude I just fought that guy and he did the same thing lol. Yea u can block it all day long but that will drain your stamina and he barely loses any. Only thing I can do is try to grapple or start unloading straight to the head
Old 03-30-2018, 05:26 PM   #14
Just started!

It shouldn’t cause that much of a stamina drain
Old 03-30-2018, 06:19 PM   #15
Rookie

I posted a thread about this and it was ignored. I ran across a player on PS4 who used other cheese tactics before patches. This time he was spamming obliques non stop. I tried blocking them but his leg wasn't affected nor his stamina. Meanwhile my leg health was depleted over the course of 3 rounds from the oblique kick alone.

I tried countering with punches and kicks after blocking his oblique kick but my fighter kept getting a stun animation from the oblique and my opponent was able to back out of harms way.

It's definitely a technique you can spam but apparently there's a way to counter it so if anyone knows please tell me.

In the mean time please post the video!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2018, 06:22 PM   #16
MVP

^ The straight is what is recommended.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »