Home

Can we please have the duck-uppercut adjusted?

This is a discussion on Can we please have the duck-uppercut adjusted? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2018, 12:40 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Can we please have the duck-uppercut adjusted?

This is one of my pet peeves about the game/meta.

A ducking uppercut is a pretty awkward strike and has 0 range in real life but in this game you can hunt people down with it

How would people feel is the range was tuned? I dont think you should be able to duck/upper any kicks

This is pretty much the only example of one IRL that i’ve seen and look at how little range it has. Aldo over extends on his straight, and Mendes take a small step forward but the punch has to remain tight for it to be fast and maintain power.

If Aldo is kicking or at any sort of range that should be whiffing the way elbows do in game.

And here’s an uppercut with range/power

Notice the extra wind up needed to get power? This strike should be in the game as a modified one. Right now uppercuts have insane power but the speed of a tight one like the 1st one and the range of the 2nd one.

I think this would help with the current uppercut meta. It’d still be deadly off an inside counter but useless from far away. But if we get the longer uppercut added it can be used the same way you set up as over hand.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by Phillyboi207; 04-03-2018 at 01:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2018, 01:01 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Can we please have the duck-uppercut adjusted?

At the end of the day, none of these little adjustments are going to fix the core issue with the striking.

Stepping strikes should be very, very different from how they function in the game, and shouldn't make up the majority of strikes thrown in a fight. Stepping strikes should be scaled based upon footwork, and should cost a lot more stamina as well. You shouldn't be able to mash stepping hooks the way you are now, its blatantly unrealistic in terms of the physics of it. Same with stepping uppercuts. there was a giant thread about this a few weeks after the game came out, and everybody seemed to agree, including GPD, but since then nobody has talked about it for some reason.
Old 04-04-2018, 05:00 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magx951
At the end of the day, none of these little adjustments are going to fix the core issue with the striking.

Stepping strikes should be very, very different from how they function in the game, and shouldn't make up the majority of strikes thrown in a fight. Stepping strikes should be scaled based upon footwork, and should cost a lot more stamina as well. You shouldn't be able to mash stepping hooks the way you are now, its blatantly unrealistic in terms of the physics of it. Same with stepping uppercuts. there was a giant thread about this a few weeks after the game came out, and everybody seemed to agree, including GPD, but since then nobody has talked about it for some reason.
I somewhat agree with this. But giving everyone a Nganno/JDS uppercut from hell is silly. Uppercuts do more damage than overhands. It shouldnt be instant stun or knockdown for everyone. I agree it should be a special strike that certain guys possess like Nganno, JDS, Dillishaw, Dodson, AJ and Lawler. Everyone else should have something that is comparable to a hook. I am shocked more people are not complaining about this.
Old 04-04-2018, 05:02 PM   #4
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Anyone that wants duck uppercut nerfed is going to get duck uppercutted into oblivion.

Old 04-04-2018, 08:01 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Anyone that wants duck uppercut nerfed is going to get duck uppercutted into oblivion.

Totally just made me LOL thinking of Mike Tyson's Punch Out! :P
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2018, 11:05 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S

It's actually pretty easy to deal with now (except god damn Cody Garbrandt)

But I just how how it looks / works in game. In what world should a duck/upper be the answer to kicks?
Old 04-04-2018, 11:52 PM   #7
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
It's actually pretty easy to deal with now (except god damn Cody Garbrandt)

But I just how how it looks / works in game. In what world should a duck/upper be the answer to kicks?
None. I just to like duck uppercut. Watch out. :ninja:
Old 04-05-2018, 07:53 AM   #8
Rookie

I think it's in a good spot. I don't think I've been caught by one unless I plant to counter their incoming strike. This is where timing comes in. You can completely disrupt most strikes.

As long as you're not sitting still and answering strikes out of frustration it's rare to get caught.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »