Home

1st fight of the night looks like this... sigh

This is a discussion on 1st fight of the night looks like this... sigh within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2018, 08:10 PM   #41
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: 1st fight of the night looks like this... sigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaccaC
The mcgregor gets his at the start of a jab so hes got more vulnerability than nothing but not by much, you also have to factor in that it's Ortega throwing whats very likely a level 1 roundhouse, and he's on full stamina which plays an important part, could it have rocked him? sure. Is it criminal that it didnt? defintely not.

If you guys wanna hit hard play hard hitters.
Damnit Mac. Stop copying my posts. LOL.

Exactly what I thought.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2018, 08:10 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Monkman
Throwing body shots is a death sentence. you literally lean your whole face and body forwward just to punch them in the stomach lol
In the mechanics of this game, I get that. But it shouldn't be that way. If I'm landing two clean shots and I'm still not getting at least a little stopping power to stop them from throwing a uppercut? Nah
Old 04-03-2018, 08:11 PM   #43
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
The only "issue" I saw was the rock that Conor got immediately after the flying knee. His movement should be slowed during a rock and he shouldnt be able to sway counter that quickly.

The rest were either shots that didnt land clean by Ortega and the last 10 seconds was just an asswhuppin by Conor.
He wasn't rocked though, the knee interrupted the 2 but didn't cause a rock.

And Ortega ate the 1 during the windup for the knee which took some of the damage off the knee.

You can argue whether that's realistic or not in this particular instance and maybe it shouldn't apply to flying knees, but the concept of damage muffling based on which strike lands first has been in the game from the beginning.
Old 04-03-2018, 08:12 PM   #44
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

Quote:
You can see that he is throwing a jab as you land...... which causes him to lean to his right slightly..... which means that he was leaning....which means the kick didnt land clean.

When you factor Conor's great chin plus his high stamina at the time plus Ortega's likely low move level on a roundhouse....I can see it not causing a rock.
That's a crock of BS man.

If anything that should have opened him up for MORE damage as he tried to strike as my head kick landed, instead nothing happened.
Old 04-03-2018, 08:13 PM   #45
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCB x Finlay
The way I am seeing it is a clean headkick, hes lean is over yes but his head has returned to the centre, barring i think its the start up of a body jab, which is leaning forward and jusy eats the kick
Its not leaning forward. Its leaning to the right.

Here is the greater point. Do we want a game where a low level kicker can rock someone with an elite chin at full stamina simply because he landed it?

If so, let the devs know because I thought we wanted some balance between early finishes and decisions. If that sort of thing automatically causes a rock, there are going to be a ton of 1st round finishes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2018, 08:14 PM   #46
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

Quote:
Its not leaning forward. Its leaning to the right.

Here is the greater point. Do we want a game where a low level kicker can rock someone with an elite chin at full stamina simply because he landed it?

If so, let the devs know because I thought we wanted some balance between early finishes and decisions. If that sort of thing automatically causes a rock, there are going to be a ton of 1st round finishes.
If you are mid punch and absorb a head kick before your punch lands then ya you should get rocked.
Old 04-03-2018, 08:14 PM   #47
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaccaC
The mcgregor gets his at the start of a jab so hes got more vulnerability than nothing but not by much, you also have to factor in that it's Ortega throwing whats very likely a level 1 roundhouse, and he's on full stamina which plays an important part, could it have rocked him? sure. Is it criminal that it didnt? defintely not.

If you guys wanna hit hard play hard hitters.
I wouldnt necessarily say a rock, a big hit stun would probably be a more realistic outcome. Watching it at 0.5 speed the kick actually lands flush, theres no body jab animation as soon as the kick lands.

Wouldnt you say its at max vulnerability barring sideways headhovement there? The jab animation starts a fraction after the kick lands.
Old 04-03-2018, 08:15 PM   #48
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
He wasn't rocked though, the knee interrupted the 2 but didn't cause a rock.

And Ortega ate the 1 during the windup for the knee which took some of the damage off the knee.

You can argue whether that's realistic or not in this particular instance and maybe it shouldn't apply to flying knees, but the concept of damage muffling based on which strike lands first has been in the game from the beginning.
Why weren't my kicks damage muffling his sway counters?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »