Home

1st fight of the night looks like this... sigh

This is a discussion on 1st fight of the night looks like this... sigh within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2018, 08:15 PM   #49
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 1st fight of the night looks like this... sigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
You can see that he is throwing a jab as you land...... which causes him to lean to his right slightly..... which means that he was leaning....which means the kick didnt land clean.

When you factor Conor's great chin plus his high stamina at the time plus Ortega's likely low move level on a roundhouse....I can see it not causing a rock.
Game mechanicwise you're prolly right. My issue is that it doesn't really translate like that to a regular player. To me (mr. newb) it LOOKS like conor got kicked and kneed in the face cleanly and ate it like it was nothing.
Old 04-03-2018, 08:15 PM   #50
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Monkman
That's a crock of BS man.

If anything that should have opened him up for MORE damage as he tried to strike as my head kick landed, instead nothing happened.
Whats said is that I explained it to you and you are still mad. LOL. I dont give a **** if you think its BS or not. I'm just explaining to you what happened.

But you dont want that do you?

You wanted another thread where you use video to **** on the game. The problem is your video doesnt really match what you are complaining about.
Old 04-03-2018, 08:16 PM   #51
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCB x Finlay
I wouldnt necessarily say a rock, a big hit stun would probably be a more realistic outcome. Watching it at 0.5 speed the kick actually lands flush, theres no body jab animation as soon as the kick lands.

Wouldnt you say its at max vulnerability barring sideways headhovement there? The jab animation starts a fraction after the kick lands.
Jabs have the lowest vulnerability and vulnerability ramps up as you approach the half way point from strike starting to strike landing, so no it was relatively low vulnerability.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2018, 08:16 PM   #52
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Monkman
If you are mid punch and absorb a head kick before your punch lands then ya you should get rocked.
No matter who is kicking or who is getting kicked? Ok.

Realism everybody.
Old 04-03-2018, 08:17 PM   #53
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGowan
Game mechanicwise you're prolly right. My issue is that it doesn't really translate like that to a regular player. To me (mr. newb) it LOOKS like conor got kicked and kneed in the face cleanly and ate it like it was nothing.
But that's not what happened. The issue with the population of this board is they believe only their eyes and don't pipe down and listen to the developers, gamechangers, and top players.

They just get super defensive and when they get cornered, they cry realism or unfairness.
Old 04-03-2018, 08:17 PM   #54
MVP

Quote:
Its not leaning forward. Its leaning to the right.

Here is the greater point. Do we want a game where a low level kicker can rock someone with an elite chin at full stamina simply because he landed it?

If so, let the devs know because I thought we wanted some balance between early finishes and decisions. If that sort of thing automatically causes a rock, there are going to be a ton of 1st round finishes.
Watch it at 0.25 and 0.5 speed, the kick lands as clean as possible and it lands before the leaning for the body jab.

And i think a larger hit stun based on the moveset would be better. I agree with your balancing point.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Headkick ufc 3.jpg (83.2 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by FCB x Finlay; 04-03-2018 at 08:25 PM.
Old 04-03-2018, 08:17 PM   #55
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
He wasn't rocked though, the knee interrupted the 2 but didn't cause a rock.

And Ortega ate the 1 during the windup for the knee which took some of the damage off the knee.

You can argue whether that's realistic or not in this particular instance and maybe it shouldn't apply to flying knees, but the concept of damage muffling based on which strike lands first has been in the game from the beginning.
You are right. I thought he was rocked based on the sound when the knee landed but the animation doesnt match a rock.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2018, 08:18 PM   #56
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

Quote:
Whats said is that I explained it to you and you are still mad. LOL. I dont give a **** if you think its BS or not. I'm just explaining to you what happened.

But you dont want that do you?

You wanted another thread where you use video to **** on the game. The problem is your video doesnt really match what you are complaining about.
I posted a video to provide evidence for my frustration as some people had asked me to post yesterday. If you think i am creating a thread to just trash this game then you need to get your head out of the sand.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »