Home

Stamina when grappling - @Martial Mind please make a video

This is a discussion on Stamina when grappling - @Martial Mind please make a video within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2018, 12:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Stamina when grappling - @Martial Mind please make a video

I was just reading a thread about the dual stamina bars when striking vs grappling, and it reminded me of something that I've meant to mention for a LONG time..

I feel we need to get the great MartialMind to make another stamina video, but this time it can be specific to grappling.

Personally I feel like the stamina changes made post beta were one of the greatest things that this franchise received in this release. However it doesn't transition (pun intended) AT ALL to how grappling behaves. Speed of transition and animations are unaffected.

I know there are a number of considerations that would come along with this, but frankly I feel like if it's a concept in the sport it can transition to the game. Sometimes balance will have to take a backseat. Just wanted to put this out there, and would LOVE to see MM make a video on the topic as currently a fatigued fighter looks fatigued UNTIL he goes to the ground. At which point he can totally beast out like he's a fresh fighter again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2018, 11:11 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Stamina when grappling - @Martial Mind please make a video

I guess I stand alone on this one... I figured more people would want the fatigue they added to the stand up and striking to transition over to the grappling and ground game. It's just odd to me that a totally gassed opponent can grapple like it's the first round.
Old 04-06-2018, 11:45 PM   #3
Pro

Re: Stamina when grappling - @Martial Mind please make a video

I totally agree with you and was immediately thrown off when I realized that stamina pools were different and that strikes on the ground didn't effect stamina in any way, but I see it as the same overarching issue with everything having to do with grappling, it just seems tacked on and only there because grappling has to be. Grappling wasn't touched at all really but is somehow worse because of all of the areas where grappling and striking meet that makes it feel like and afterthought.

Striking and Grappling stamina don't seem to be separate because it makes to have it that way, but they are separate because the grappling and strikings systems were never melded together to begin with and its just a relic of the work that wans't done to incorporate both systems which I would assume won't be done now if it wasn't done to begin with. Similar to the combined punch/kick power and speed, the separate stamina bars is just something that obviously doesn't make sense but we don't seem to have an explanation because it would probably sound worse than just assuming it was a mishap or simply not addressed. As with all of the grappling issues I just chalk it up to yet another things that throws me off from playing the game and move on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »