Home

Rocked stamina loss. . .

This is a discussion on Rocked stamina loss. . . within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2018, 02:39 AM   #17
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Rocked stamina loss. . .

Rocks are just weird, esp since vulnerability just isn't connected to the stamina system like it should be. I was on a roll today but had a lot of rocks from strikes at the tail end of a players SECOND consecutive combo which left them with their stamina below 1/4th left. So they shouldn't be able to hurt you at that point, right?

...WRONG!

They'd throw a 5 strike combo and then a 3 strike combo with barely any stamina and still rock me. Granted, I generally finished them later, but it's still concerning that a player can rock you spamming these combos like that.
Old 04-05-2018, 09:50 AM   #18
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
Rocks are just weird, esp since vulnerability just isn't connected to the stamina system like it should be. I was on a roll today but had a lot of rocks from strikes at the tail end of a players SECOND consecutive combo which left them with their stamina below 1/4th left. So they shouldn't be able to hurt you at that point, right?

...WRONG!

They'd throw a 5 strike combo and then a 3 strike combo with barely any stamina and still rock me. Granted, I generally finished them later, but it's still concerning that a player can rock you spamming these combos like that.

That's definitely one of my pet peeves in the standup --- guys w/ <20% stamina can still seriously hurt you even if you have >70% stamina and a decent amount of head health.

Really wish stamina were a bigger factor in the calculation of vulnerability/damage (or lack thereof)
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 04-05-2018, 10:12 AM   #19
Pro

LarsP's Arena

How are peoples opinions towards standing TKO's after being rocked on the feet for like 4-5 times in the same round?
Also after too many KD"s, you can have fights know with 10 KD's without a finish. Look at Conor vs Alvarez, the ref had just seen enough after the 4th(?) knockdown, even though Eddie wasn't out.
Old 04-05-2018, 11:07 AM   #20
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsP
How are peoples opinions towards standing TKO's after being rocked on the feet for like 4-5 times in the same round?
Also after too many KD"s, you can have fights know with 10 KD's without a finish. Look at Conor vs Alvarez, the ref had just seen enough after the 4th(?) knockdown, even though Eddie wasn't out.
I'd like that if done well.

Last night as JDS I was getting whooped in the clinch against the cage. Both of us were really gassed but I couldn't get out of his cage clinch. He kept throwing knees to the body hurting me BAD so I just kept blocking knees.

He then began elbowing me over and over to the head. It didn't do too much damage so I let him land about 15 of them until time ran out in the final round.

"In Real Life" a ref likely would have stepped-in for 15 straight elbows to the head lol but hey I survived

And got my revenge against him later in the nite !!!!!
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

Old 04-05-2018, 11:11 AM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
I'd like that if done well.

Last night as JDS I was getting whooped in the clinch against the cage. Both of us were really gassed but I couldn't get out of his cage clinch. He kept throwing knees to the body hurting me BAD so I just kept blocking knees.

He then began elbowing me over and over to the head. It didn't do too much damage so I let him land about 15 of them until time ran out in the final round.

"In Real Life" a ref likely would have stepped-in for 15 straight elbows to the head lol but hey I survived

And got my revenge against him later in the nite !!!!!
Im pretty confident that if you block a knee you have priority to transition
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2018, 11:22 AM   #22
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Im pretty confident that if you block a knee you have priority to transition
ehhh I had like 20% stamina and he had about 50%, seemed like I couldn't get out to save my life lol

He was able to knock my stamina so low by getting me in MT clinch ---- Faking a foot sweep takedown; then throwing body knee.

If I tried to block the takedown; he gets free knee to the body (seemed unblockable to me)

If I don't block takedown obviously he gets the takedown if he executes it

It was a pretty good tactic TBH though I felt that it was a bit gimmicky/glitchy that he got a free knee to body if I bit on the fake takedown. But clinch is so underpowered as-is I don't have much of a problem with it.

Matched-up with him Cain vs. Cain later in the night and whooped him though....he had no standup to speak of so when I neutralized clinch (and learned his little trick in MT) it was GG
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

Old 04-05-2018, 12:06 PM   #23
MVP

Rocks should debuff stats and some move levels for a certain duration depending on the fighter and the severity of the rock.

For example -
Stats:
Accuracy
Movement
Submission defense
Takedown defense

Move levels:
Spin kicks
Spin backfist and elbow
Head kicks

Once you clear your head after a round or so, stats back to normal.
Old 04-05-2018, 07:19 PM   #24
Rookie

Being rocked, and stamina really mean nothing in this game.... I would say 80% of my wins are me being rocked then knocking someone out while I'm rocked, I've also knocked out people with me having less then 10% permanent stamina and my Oppenent having more then 75% stamina from a head kick or haymaker.. Have videos to prove all this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »