Home

Knockdowns

This is a discussion on Knockdowns within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2018, 02:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Knockdowns

I made a similar thread about how we don't get the option to follow the opponent to the ground after knockdowns enough. In UFC 2, a knockdown guaranteed you would end up on top in a somewhat advantageous position. You were rewarded for your knockdowns, and given a chance to win the fight or at least the round.

I have far too many experiences where I land knockdowns and the opponent is already back up on their feet before I can even follow them to the ground, or the punch follow doesn't even work appropriately. It's bad enough you have to nearly KO someone to end up in a position that isn't full guard. It's already hard enough to get takedowns with all the grappling nerfs, can we not at least get top control from knocking someone to the canvas?

I think Finish the Fight submissions are stupid as well. You might as well just press the punch button, because they take way too long to finish with for it being a reasonable way to finish the fight. There is no benefit to going for a Finish the Fight sub besides risking your opponent getting out and ending up on top of you. It would make more sense if you could attempt a FTF sub more frequently, and this is tied into my issue with there not being enough sequences where you follow an opponent after a knockdown to an advantageous position. ( Back mount, back side, side control, half guard, anything but full guard. I mean come on. ) This is an MMA game and there has to be more consequences for getting knocked down, at least in this regard.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2018, 03:25 PM   #2
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Re: Knockdowns

I would like a cooldown on the get up after alert KNDs. That would make sure to give the aggressor a chance to engage, with the diving punch or the feet on hips entry.

And do you think the FTF subs are currently too weak (the gates too good for the defender)?
Old 04-04-2018, 03:38 PM   #3
MVP

I wish we could initiate the FTF on any KD.

On the one where they try to get up automatically- should be a FTF scenario: so trying to get up after a KD instead of being knocked back into consciousness from a deathrock all the time.

Basically a seated position.
Old 04-04-2018, 04:00 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
I would like a cooldown on the get up after alert KNDs. That would make sure to give the aggressor a chance to engage, with the diving punch or the feet on hips entry.

And do you think the FTF subs are currently too weak (the gates too good for the defender)?

Yeah, I personally think the FTF subs are too weak. This creates an issue where there is no point in using them, and it makes them redundant in my opinion. I don't think a triangle switch armbar should be faster than a FTF sub considering the rocked state of the opponent. I think there was a change to 1 and 2 gate subs making them slower, and I feel like this change shouldn't be applied to FTF subs if I'm correct about that change to submission. I personally feel like submissions in general need a bit of a rework, I don't think it should be easier to escape as the one applying the submission gets closer to finishing it.

I welcome any changes to being able to follow the opponent like you suggested about entering feet on hips or diving punches being more viable, although I really do wish there were more chances to get on top of your opponent in a more advantageous position following a knockdown like in UFC 2.
Old 04-04-2018, 05:26 PM   #5
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

I'd like FTF Strikes vs. Subs to depend more on your stats and how hurt opponent is.

If they are hurt BAD --- one or two strikes away from TKO --- and you have great striking power (or a ground n pound perk) --- it's probably easier to just finish pounding them out.

If they are hurt 'sorta bad' --- and you have great sub skills, and/or not so great striking power --- going for the sub instead might give you a much better chance of finishing the fight.

Would like to see a much more dynamic FTF sequence for sure where stats/skills/strategic decision making makes a difference.
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2018, 05:35 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
I'd like FTF Strikes vs. Subs to depend more on your stats and how hurt opponent is.

If they are hurt BAD --- one or two strikes away from TKO --- and you have great striking power (or a ground n pound perk) --- it's probably easier to just finish pounding them out.

If they are hurt 'sorta bad' --- and you have great sub skills, and/or not so great striking power --- going for the sub instead might give you a much better chance of finishing the fight.

Would like to see a much more dynamic FTF sequence for sure where stats/skills/strategic decision making makes a difference.
I feel like the submission stats are pointless right now, because everybody has a super high defense rating for some reason, and great sub artists like lil nog have like 87 sub offense..

I think we really need a way to be able to attempt a submission, and if we don't think we're gonna get it, let go and maintain our position, as well.
Old 04-04-2018, 06:26 PM   #7
Rookie

just can't believe they got so many obvious things wrong, that older games like UD3 and FNC got so right.

like they're just so obvious, i don't understand.
Old 04-04-2018, 06:36 PM   #8
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadoc60
Yeah, I personally think the FTF subs are too weak. This creates an issue where there is no point in using them, and it makes them redundant in my opinion. I don't think a triangle switch armbar should be faster than a FTF sub considering the rocked state of the opponent. I think there was a change to 1 and 2 gate subs making them slower, and I feel like this change shouldn't be applied to FTF subs if I'm correct about that change to submission. I personally feel like submissions in general need a bit of a rework, I don't think it should be easier to escape as the one applying the submission gets closer to finishing it.

I welcome any changes to being able to follow the opponent like you suggested about entering feet on hips or diving punches being more viable, although I really do wish there were more chances to get on top of your opponent in a more advantageous position following a knockdown like in UFC 2.
I'll try to relay this point when I get a chance. I heard the 2-stages subs are in a good place, but the ones with more gates need a buff. Maybe the FTF ones need a little buff, too. I'll ask around some more and try to present somewhat of a consensus to the devs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »