Home

Side stepping with blocking was the only way to counter the lunging-duck-uppercuts.

This is a discussion on Side stepping with blocking was the only way to counter the lunging-duck-uppercuts. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2018, 12:25 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Side stepping with blocking was the only way to counter the lunging-duck-uppercuts.

Still no explanation as to why blocking was removed from side stepping? Takes away from realism and it was a great way to counter players that spammed lunging-duck-uppercut.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2018, 12:34 AM   #2
Banned

Re: Side stepping with blocking was the only way to counter the lunging-duck-uppercut

Apparently some guys abused it by holding block and lunge lunge lunge. Ive never seen this tbh. Not once. It worked so good in UFC2 50/50 chance of getting out of danger... now against hook spammer it's a death sentence.
Old 04-06-2018, 12:25 PM   #3
MVP

Re: Side stepping with blocking was the only way to counter the lunging-duck-uppercut

You can still back lunge very effectively against people like this. Side stepping is not a good option against guys that hook a lot, but it absolutely works against uppercuts.

They took blocking away from lunging because it was a stupid mechanic that made lunging have no vulnerability at all.

And if you think it is the only way to counter this tactic your straight up ignorant.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-06-2018, 12:58 PM   #4
Banned

It's more ignorant to not share the info on what tactic is helpful, but whatever. Back lunge is also NOT VERY EFFECTIVE against hook and ducking uppercut spam cause people are on ice skates and I am not.

Last edited by xFINISHxHIMx; 04-06-2018 at 01:00 PM.
Old 04-06-2018, 02:10 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFINISHxHIMx
It's more ignorant to not share the info on what tactic is helpful, but whatever. Back lunge is also NOT VERY EFFECTIVE against hook and ducking uppercut spam cause people are on ice skates and I am not.

Actually, that’s not a proper use of the word ignorant. You can’t just make up a definition because you want to be snarky and fire my words back against me.

Either way, I DID share some helpful info and I have a whole topic dedicated to helping people out with in depth answers on a variety of topics.

Back lunges are very effective when you know how to use them. You don’t, evidently. You don’t get good results so you automatically assume the move is faulty and it isn’t YOU that is executing it wrong.

So really nothing you said was accurate in any way.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2018, 09:37 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
You can still back lunge very effectively against people like this. Side stepping is not a good option against guys that hook a lot, but it absolutely works against uppercuts.

They took blocking away from lunging because it was a stupid mechanic that made lunging have no vulnerability at all.

And if you think it is the only way to counter this tactic your straight up ignorant.

PS4 or Xbox? Send the invite to test your might and get sat down.
Old 04-06-2018, 09:57 PM   #7
MVP

chia's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey

Yet there is very little vulnerability/danger to spamming hooks and uppercuts and ducking overhands (which is clowny as hell) ESPECIALLY in Ultimate Team where the movesets are even more limited along with the attributes although who knows if they mean anything anyway.

But hey maybe 7 or 8 patches and a couple of years from now we might get where we need to be to have some semblance of a balanced MMA game.
Old 04-06-2018, 09:58 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamofwheat
PS4 or Xbox? Send the invite to test your might and get sat down.
Xbox. LemusKhan

#2 ranked in ESFL, 5 accounts in the top 40. You talk a big game, son.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »