Home

What's going to happen when Al beats Khabib, stat wise?

This is a discussion on What's going to happen when Al beats Khabib, stat wise? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2018, 01:48 AM   #25
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What's going to happen when Al beats Khabib, stat wise?

I was clutching my beer all fight. Atleast I think this was a better fight than If Max would've fought, AND I got Rose as STILL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2018, 09:30 PM   #26
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGowan
I was clutching my beer all fight. Atleast I think this was a better fight than If Max would've fought, AND I got Rose as STILL
I sadly didn't get that tension from the fight (after the end of round 2, lol) but I agree with you. I don't think Max would've stuffed a lot of those later shots or used such a low stance and happily eat jabs to keep that double leg at bay, nor had the defensive wrestling to getup like Al, but I would've loved to be proven wrong there.

Earned a helluva lot of respect for Ragin' Al though.

Rose vs JJ was pretty sick, too, almost felt like a new rules vs old rules fight, damage vs volume. Good fight. Good result.

I want Tony to get the next shot, but I can see that not happening because bull**** but I hope Khabib doesn't actually try and fight GSP, he'd have to move up and I honestly give that to GSP.

As dirty as I feel saying it, I'd be okay with Connor getting a shot before Tony just for the smesh (though maybe not just incase McNutty won and we have another 500 days of hold up)
Old 04-09-2018, 07:07 AM   #27
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroZeppelin27
I sadly didn't get that tension from the fight (after the end of round 2, lol) but I agree with you. I don't think Max would've stuffed a lot of those later shots or used such a low stance and happily eat jabs to keep that double leg at bay, nor had the defensive wrestling to getup like Al, but I would've loved to be proven wrong there.

Earned a helluva lot of respect for Ragin' Al though.

Rose vs JJ was pretty sick, too, almost felt like a new rules vs old rules fight, damage vs volume. Good fight. Good result.

I want Tony to get the next shot, but I can see that not happening because bull**** but I hope Khabib doesn't actually try and fight GSP, he'd have to move up and I honestly give that to GSP.

As dirty as I feel saying it, I'd be okay with Connor getting a shot before Tony just for the smesh (though maybe not just incase McNutty won and we have another 500 days of hold up)
Just an FYI on old vs new scoring. The actual criteria for what wins a round didn't change at all, they just clarified the language. The only actual change is the ease of achieving 10-8s , everything else is the same just more clearly written.
Old 04-09-2018, 11:46 AM   #28
MVP

They should change Khabib's jab to the snapping one and drop his power levels on his punches a bit.
Old 04-09-2018, 02:02 PM   #29
Pro

The most likely reaction is... They are not going to change either guys stats even though khabibs striking had just about no power and al iaquinta showed pretty decent takedown defense and ability to get up. They haven't been updating stats at all lately

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »